Pennsylvania-Central
Options

HELP: State College vendors

Hi all! I'd love any advice from State College brides about their photographers and bands...we are considering Bob Lambert or Frank DiGiorgio for photos and possibly Cruise Control band (believe they're from Harrisburg). Has anyone worked with these vendors or have others to recommend? Thanks in advance!

Re: HELP: State College vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am no help on bands as we are using a DJ. Our photographers are VJM Studios in Boalsburg.http://www.vjmstudios.com/main.php#home/Our photographers are awesome, we have done engagement photos with them (our wedding isn't until next weekend, so I don't have any feedback on that yet).  They are so friendly, really easy to work with and the photos are wonderful.  They are a little pricey though (that was our one splurge). Hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm using Bob Lambert and so far he has been really nice to work with. Very accommodating in terms of schedules, etc. Our wedding is next weekend, so if you want further information about day of and such, I'd be happy to email you after.
  • Options
    prd2480prd2480 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eculler: Thanks so much, I'd really appreciate that. Email me anytime. Where are you getting married? We're having our ceremony and reception at the Nittany Lion Inn next June. Congratulations and best of luck with your wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony at Grace Lutheran Church (The dorrito church on garner) and then reception at teh Ramada. What is your email address?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a music teacher in State College, so I know a lot about local music groups, depending on what you're interested in.  Rick Hirsch has a few different bands, smaller and larger, that do mostly jazz.  If you're looking for a live band that does more fun dance music type stuff, I'd recommend Tommy Wareham and the Intrigues.  Also, Cliff Turner and the Afterburners are fun...I'm not sure if they're still doing weddings or not though.We sat down with Bob Lambert a few weeks ago and liked him a lot, ended up going with someone else, but you certainly couldn't go wrong with him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gene Miller is a great photographer with VERY reasonable prices.. we're going with him; he did our epics too. You can check out some of his stuff at smugmug.com, then search for him using his name. Hope this helps/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards