California-Bay Area

VENUE HELP!

Hey all,
So i recently just lost my venue. We put a deposit down back in November and the owners sold the property to new owners who aren't honoring our contracts. 
SO...i'm back to square one - looking for a new venue. 

I have searched and searched AND searched and I cannot find anything i like.

I was hoping some of you on here can give me some suggestions...perhaps some hidden treasures!

Much appreciated & thanks a ton! 

~Tina 

Re: VENUE HELP!

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eek, sorry this is happening to you.  Just so I can try to see if I can help you:

Where are you getting married?  Sacramento?  Napa?  SF?  SJ?

What's your budget?
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where or when your wedding is, but the Mill Valley Outdoor Art Club now has an opening for June 18th, 2011 (if you rent it I get my deposit back!).  It's a beautiful, historic location, and only costs $3700.  You can bring your own caterer and alcohol, and amplified music is allowed.  It has both indoor and outdor space.  http://www.theoutdoorartclub.org/rental.html
  • edited December 2011
    my venue is SUPER cute and VERY reasonable.
    Axis Cafe & Gallery...its in SF (Potrero Hill). 

http://www.axis-cafe.com/AXISCAFE/welcome.html
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=218825&id=416572164011

HTH!
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Come back, OP! We can give you more help if you give us more info first.

In addition to Mica's questions, how many guests?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh hello! I am so sorry I was MIA! :) 

Okay, so my previous venue sold - Deer Ridge..so now I am out a venue. 
    I have yet t get my deposit back...I'm still fighting for it.

I will have approximately 100 guests - give or take a few. 
    I would like to stay around 10,000 for the venue rental, food and drinks. 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:602Discussion:2b600485-9bdc-43c8-b8b1-352e3cf52dcaPost:14ed6417-ada8-4a78-9c8c-90328b7b08b8">Re: VENUE HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh hello! I am so sorry I was MIA! :)  Okay, so my previous venue sold - Deer Ridge..so now I am out a venue.  I have yet t get my deposit back...I'm still fighting for it. I will have approximately 100 guests - give or take a few.  I would like to stay around 10,000 for the venue rental, food and drinks. 
    Posted by tinaandandrew218[/QUOTE]

so where are you looking specifically?  or do you just want it to be somewhere in the BA?  like i said in my PP....you can very easily have a wedding for $10k at my venue.  Axis Cafe in SF.  HTH!
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    Try the University Club of Palo Alto (ucpaloalto.com).  I heard of brides managing to stretch their budgets pretty far based on the menu and bar choices.  I had my wedding there, and it was wonderful and under budget (and I allowed the guests to go crazy on the bar tab).
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:2b600485-9bdc-43c8-b8b1-352e3cf52dcaPost:df0ee1bb-a6d3-490d-8c69-69727870b880">Re: VENUE HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: VENUE HELP! : so where are you looking specifically?  or do you just want it to be somewhere in the BA?  like i said in my PP....you can very easily have a wedding for $10k at my venue.  Axis Cafe in SF.  HTH!
    Posted by reese511[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">i'm going to look into this venue - the few pictures they have online, it looks really cute. very intimate. <div style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">do you have any pricing/packages/menus that you could send me? </div><div style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">also, it looks like there is an outdoor area for the ceremony, is that right?</div><div style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">THANKS! :) </div></span></div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:2b600485-9bdc-43c8-b8b1-352e3cf52dcaPost:1a05d169-9925-4756-9221-f19bacf56346">Re: VENUE HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try the University Club of Palo Alto (ucpaloalto.com).  I heard of brides managing to stretch their budgets pretty far based on the menu and bar choices.  I had my wedding there, and it was wonderful and under budget (and I allowed the guests to go crazy on the bar tab).
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I just looked on their website and couldn't find anything wedding related. Do you happen to have any of the packages/pricing that you could send me?</div><div>
    </div><div>THANKS for sharing this venue! It's so close to home - i love it. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:602Discussion:2b600485-9bdc-43c8-b8b1-352e3cf52dcaPost:727ccccf-152e-465a-be65-9bee15987a16">Re: VENUE HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: VENUE HELP! : i'm going to look into this venue - the few pictures they have online, it looks really cute. very intimate.  do you have any pricing/packages/menus that you could send me?  also, it looks like there is an outdoor area for the ceremony, is that right? THANKS! :) 

yes!  they have an outdoor area!  its SO cute!  we're actually having our ceremony at a park in Potrero Hill b/c we wanted to do our cocktail hour outside (and i really wanted an outdoor ceremony too.)
    PM me your email address and i'll send you all of that info!
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:602Discussion:2b600485-9bdc-43c8-b8b1-352e3cf52dcaPost:c3457884-0394-48b9-a44d-b64338d57c37">Re: VENUE HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: VENUE HELP! : I just looked on their website and couldn't find anything wedding related. Do you happen to have any of the packages/pricing that you could send me? THANKS for sharing this venue! It's so close to home - i love it. 

On their main page look under Food Services.  There should be banquet information and menu links there.
  • edited December 2011
    i sent you an email !!
  • edited December 2011
    have you looked into hotels? there are a lot of hotels in san francisco that have gorgeous ballrooms and usually catering is included in a package price.  our reception is at the sir francis drake and the package includes catering and cake from scala's, wine with dinner, champagne (we're not doing a bar). ours is in december and i know we got a super cheap price because of that but maybe look into something that's all-inclusive like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Poppy Ridge Golf Course in Livermore.

http://www.poppyridgegolf.com/weddings/

It's near Deer Ridge, has indoor and outdoor spaces, and will fit your number of people and price point.

The coordinator is Becky Armstrong. barmstrong@poppyridgegolf.com
    Just email her, and she'll send you the pricing info.

We actually looked at Deer Ridge, so now I'm really glad they weren't for us (too restrictive on the timing).
  • edited December 2011
    a correction: when asked my budget I said 10,000. This is my ideal budget for the venue rental, food, and drinks. 
    My overall budget is about 20,000-25,000. 

• josborne49josborne49 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Hakone Gardens in Saratoga.  It's a beautiful location and the coordinator is awesome. 
    We also thought about the Ainsley House in Campbell, Highlands Park in Felton (santa cruz county)  and Toll House hotel in Los Gatos.  All very nice, but not quite what we were looking for. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards