California-Bay Area

Dream Venue Booked. Waah :'(

Apparently, I'm not the only bride to be who had her heart set on the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park on a sunny saturday in July 2013. I have spent the past two hours mourning the wedding that could have been.

Now, I am picking up the pieces of my broken heart and googling/yelping/herecomestheguide-ing/even (gasp!) craigslisting other AFFORDABLE ($2500) range in the bay area. like, San Francisco or east bay.

So far, I'm looking at Swedenborgian, UC Botanical garden or Preservation Park...

any other suggestions?

thanks ladies!!

July 2013 Siggy Challenge: Inspiration Boards!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Dream Venue Booked. Waah :'(

• Look at the Snow Building at the Oakland Zoo, the Montclair Womens Cultural Arts Club, And Berkeley City Club. My budget for venue rental is similar, and I looked at all of these places. I also loved Tilden, but it was too small for our guest list. Berkeley City Club will appear more expensive, as catering is through them. Beyond the Oakland area, I also really liked Ravenswood Historical Site in Livermore. There are lots of good venues on the Peninsula as well, though you didn't say if you're willing to drive over here.
  • I have a similar budget but am down in the South bay, my top 3 are Gamble Gardens, Palo Alto Womens Club and the Rengstorff House. Hope these help.
  • We booked the Woman's Club.

We considered the Trocadero Club in SF. Also, there's some great Presidio venues that were closed for our date but should be open by July '13.

I'd contact Serves You Right Catering. They're on the Brazilian Room's approved list, and have a list of similar venues in the East Bay where they work. They're also excellent caterers, as far as I can tell. Full-meal prices about $50/person and up.
  • I love the brazillion room... but, maybe consider this a blessing in disguise.  The brazillion room is a wedding factory.  Maybe if you book someplace else, your wedding will feel more unique?
  • I dunno how far out you're willing to go, but The Ranch at Little Hillsin San Ramon is in that price range and really pretty. Not sure what you're looking for and it's all outdoors, but maybe worth a look!
  • I also had my heart set on the Brazilian room, but then I found a venue much closer to home that is just as affordable: the Mountain Terrace in Woodside, CA. It has great reviews and very affordable in house catering.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
  • Good luck! I booked the brazillian room for July 2013 but for a Friday instead! Oh well...if people care about it, they will take the half day off work :)

-geri
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards