California-Bay Area
Options

trying to post from my phone

Re: trying to post from my phone

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ok it worked. i tried to reply to another post & it didnt. oh well! morning girls! happy saturday! anyone going to the farmers market today?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hiya! What kind of phone do you have? oooohhhh. I should try this on mine :)

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was exhausting, but my last one as a single lady!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have the Droid.  its great!

weekend was good.  the weather was GREAT! 

omg...are you getting SO excited?  FIVE days!!!  ahhhhhhh!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE my droid....love love love it!
    Hmmm....let me see if I can do this too!

The weather this weekend was great (see!! Good omens for you in a year!)
    I am SO excited for this weekend! I can't believe how jam packed my google calendar is, but I just can't wait....Wednesday can't get here soon enough!

What's next on your wedding projects list? When do we get to hear about which park you're getting married in?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    5 days!  The weather is perfect, yay for Yuki!

Hmm, maybe I should get a Droid once FI and I have our "family plan"...  Bay Area Droid users!  Too dorky?  Probably.  :)  I'm happily knotting from work, waiting for the day to end so I can start wedding stuff in earnest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh!  so for the droid...you have to download the Opera browser.  the regular browser wouldnt let me post.

i'm SO excited for you!  it must be so hard to focus on anything else!! 

Sooo...we booked McKinley Square Park...its at the top of Potrero Hill.  i didnt want to say...b/c you have to book it EXACTLY 1 year in advance.  and its first come first serve.  (you never know who could be lurking on these boards and steal your idea!) 
    Venue & Ceremony site are booked.  Next is photog...i found one that i love....but we havent booked yet.  FI is bugging out about how much it cost.  ($5k...eeeek)  but hopefully he'll get over it and we will book this week.  fingers crossed!

anything left on your TO DO list??  ahhhh!  less than a week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah! Bay Area Droids! :) Yes. I am a dork.
    Mica, I say go for it when you get the chance. The phone is good stuff, I've had a Blackberry for years and never thought I could change, but when my friends got the Droid and I started playing with it, I fell in love. It's got so many amazing features and apps and very intuitive. I have the Droid 2 because I need to have a keyboard that isn't touch screen because of my fatty fingers :)

Reese- McKinley Park sounds wonderful! You get the vegetation of a park and the lush green PLUS the city. Sounds like you've got an amazing layout!

With 5 days to go, I think I'm doing alright. Finishing up on the reservation cards for the ceremony seating and wrapping a bow on the programs. I just worked out the last of the transportation for family and friends to the venue (we have 12 family members flying in from Japan for my wedding. It's their first time out of Japan and they're all staying with my parents!). Also because I'm a last minute loon, I just bought the last few bits of my bridesmaids gifts.

What have you all thought of as wedding gifts?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i 2nd the droid 2...LOVE it!  i never had a b-berry...i had the Treo...that thing sucked.  the droid is great.

wow...your fam is coming all the way from Japan!?  that is really amazing.  your day is going to be so special.  you have to show us pics ASAP!

not sure about a wedding gift yet.  i have a lot of time to figure something out.  what did you end up getting?

did you have a bach party?  where was it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm super excited for my Japanese family to come out. From the ages of 7-18 my parents sent me to Japan ever summer. In essence my grandparents and my aunts raised me during that time and to have them come all the way out here fills my heart.

For the BM gifts I got them each a little star necklace with their initial on it, I made wire hangers with their names (for their dresses), travel mugs that I had FI draw on since he does adorable drawings and a make up bag filled with bridesmaids survival gear (chapstick, floss, gum, sewing kit, emory boards etc). It was so hard to find one thing that they would all like, so they all kind of have personalized bits.

My Bachelorette party was amazing, I can never ever thank my MOH and BM's enough. We went to Waikiki for Memorial day weekend. It was freakin amazing!! We laid on the beach, went to North Shore, ate too many pineapples at the Dole plantation and visited all the clubs on Waikiki beach.

Are you doing a B party? What are the plans?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW...your b-party sounds A-mazing.  we're actually going to Hawaii for our H-moon.  i think Kauai & Maui...but its not totally set yet.  we've never been!  have you been to either one of those islands?

since i'm from NJ, and ALL my BMs are on the east coast - i'll most likely have my b-party it in Atlantic City.  i REALLY wanted to do New Orleans...but everyone is traveling to SF for the wedding....so i dont want to ask everyone to travel twice, you know?  its a lot to ask.  but AC is always fun...so its totally cool. 

for my BM...so far i got them each a cardigan to possibly wear on the day of:  http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=51747&vid=1&pid=789280&scid=789280012
    i got a mix of the grey & the navy (it looks like the navy is sold out online)...but it depends on their dresses...they havent picked them yet...so i'm not sure if these will even go.  we'll see.  but the colors they can choose from are Navy, Grey & Turquoise.  (print or solid)  even if they cant wear these on the wedding day...i think its still a cute gift!  totally versatile.

i will also be getting each of them an LL Bean tote bag with their initials or nickname. 
    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/33381?page=boat-and-tote-bag&parentCategory=504173&cat4=504161&shop_method=pp&feat=677-sub1&np=Y

i'll probably also get them a necklace and put in other little things in there like you did.  maybe i'll go to sephora or something.  i DEF want to thank my gals for coming all the way out here.  its a long journey!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The cardigans are adorable! I kinda want to go get one for myself!

Atlantic City would be a super fun bp! I haven't been there since I was a kid, but one of my BM's went there a few weeks ago and said it was super fun! Really anywhere with drinks and partying should be fun.

My FI did his bparty in New Orleans since his Best Man lives there. He had a good time, but I think he enjoyed bachparty 2.0 in Tahoe a little more (spoiled brat).

I haven't been to Maui or Kauai, but if they're anything like Waikiki (and I think they're supposed to be even BETTER) you guys will have an amazing time. Every part of hawaii I saw was awesome. Lucky!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls!

For my BMs, I have silver pashminas.  Three of my BMs are from the deep South and aren't familiar with northern CA nights, so I wanted to make sure they had something to keep warm during the reception.  I also bought their BM dresses as their main favor but thought the pashminas would be more reusable.

My FI just got back from his B party on a ranch outside of Dallas.  I'm running out of time for a bachelorette party (I'm so jealous of both of you for being able to travel to your b parties), will probably do cocktails and girly movies with my BMs right the night before the rehearsal dinner.

I got my marriage license today!  Eeek!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting the marriage license!! That is a HUGE step! I have to admit I freaked out a little bit when we did it (mostly because I'm going to change my name...tear).

Pashmina's are such a smart idea, especially for the chilly night. I went to a wedding last year where the bridesmaids wore black and as a gift they each got a different colored pashmina to wear, it was really pretty. Pashmina.....like wearing a soft blanket...

A bachelorette party is fun because of the people you're with, it doesn't have to be where you go. One of my favorite parts of my bparty was hanging out in the hotel room drinking spiked slurpees and eating spam musubi. It's just fun to hang out.

Ugh...I want this day to be over. This is my last day of work before the wedding and I can't wait to get out of here!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm changing my name too!  I freaked out a bit at the thought.

Yay, just a few more hours, then it's just pure wedding mode!  Good for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards