California-Bay Area

DJ/MC & Alterations recommendations please!

Any recommendations for top notch wedding dress alterations in the San Jose / San Francisco area?  Also, for professional MC+DJs for a large reception that is predominantly our families' friends?

Thanks!

Re: DJ/MC & Alterations recommendations please!

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check out Julie Ireland in SF for alterations.  She's a wedding dressmaker, so she knows what to do with a dress.  I hear she can be a bit disorganized, but she was the best I found in SF.  She was going to redo my mom's wedding dress until  I decided I wanted my own dress.

My DJ is Verducci Entertainment.  As a disclaimer, I went to high school with the owner, but he's so helpful and professional.  He started his business just a few years ago, so he's very attentive and eager to please.  He's already won DJ awards, and he has stellar reviews on Yelp.  His prices are also standard but reasonable. 
    http://www.verduccies.com/

• kellystdkellystd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Sound in Motion for your DJ. In addition to weddings, they are also the official DJ for the SJ Sharks. I'm so excited to use them!
  • ElleestJennElleestJenn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is my friend Jazon who owns his own company. He has DJed at every dancer's wedding from my college when they get married. Needless to say I trust him a lot and just need to tell him what songs for dances and I know he'll take care of the rest. He's really good with judging the crowd and playing more to their tastes. If you would like his info just PM. 
    imageAnniversary
  • alyce126alyce126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is Franco Finn.  My sister and another friend booked him for their weddings.  I think his prices are reasonable. http://www.yelp.com/biz/franco-finn-san-francisco

My sister also had Julie Ireland for her alterations.  She couldnt' stop saying great things about Julie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards