California-Bay Area

What are the best bridal gown stores in the Bay Area?

I just moved to San Jose about 6 months ago and my 2 best friends are flying to see me and go wedding dress shopping... but I have NO IDEA where to go! Any suggestions? It would be great to stick around San Jose, Sunnyvale, Mountain View area, but if there are some great shops in San Francisco I will make the trip. Thanks ladies!

Re: What are the best bridal gown stores in the Bay Area?

• cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Galleria in SF is great. Genesee's in Concord is supposed to be huge, but that is a trek from San Jose. You might also want to try Priscilla of Boston at Santana Row. I think your best bet would be to see what dress lines you are gravitating towards and then find out what local stores carry them. You might be able to find a place that carries most or all of the lines you like down in the SJ area.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I only know South Bay venues, and I've had good experiences at:
    Priscilla of Boston at Santana Row
    Trudy's Bridal in Campbell
    Elegant Lace in San Jose - if you can, ask for Paisley.  She rocks.

Another option is Gabrielle's in Campbell, but I would only recommend you go TO TRY ON DRESSES as they have an interesting selection of unique dresses, along with a pretty & uncluttered studio.  I strongly recommend AGAINST buying from them.  A number of girls I've known have had a great experience with their service (really, above & beyond most stores)...until they have your money.  Once the deposit was made,things began to fall apart and the owner is not gracious about recovering.  So if you find the dress of your dreams there, just buy it somewhere else.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Also Bay Area Bridal in Cupertino.

Group USA at the Great Mall in Milpitas has a small selection, but it just so happens that my favorite dress is from there,
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually didn't like the Bridal Galleria in SF.  I had an arrogant consultant who killed all the fun, and they didn't understand or bring out a single dress I liked.  But maybe you'll have better luck with another consultant.  I like Priscilla of Boston personally, and I think they have a store in San Jose.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Trudy's and couldn't be happier with their service!
  • edited December 2011
    I had an amazing experiance at Nelly's Bridal in South SF.  It's a small shop, but the woman who runs it is wonderful and took really great care of me and my friends.  I'm sure you can find some more local good small shops in the SJ area, but if you're headed up this way I definitly recomend putting Nelly's on your list.  She's closed on Sundays but I e-mailed her and she opend just for my group!
  • KeelsmarksKeelsmarks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liked Bella Mia on Saratoga. Nice people and they do promotions for discounts off. Toys for Tots at Christmas was 15% off . Trudy's was nice. Gabrielle's were nice, but definitely high end dresses $3000+. Really liked POB as well. 

I didn't like Bridal Galleria either. I thought they were super stuck up and unhelpful. Gesinnee's in Concord can jump off a short pier!! I had a broken engagement 8 years ago and they were so rude and crappy about the whole thing. I was already going through a broken engagement and having a horrible time and they just made it even more horrible. I hope they're shop burns to the ground!! 
  • KeelsmarksKeelsmarks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops, their shop  :) 
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Trudy's.  My dress came in 3 months early, which was a bonus too.
  • edited December 2011
    I really didn't like Elegant Lace--they were very pushy and sort of "ripped" each dress off me, and then made me wait in my underwear as the lady carefully put each dress back into its bag.

But, I really loved POB on Santana Row.  I had Laura, who has been great (ordered my dress, but it hasn't come it yet).  I would highly recommend it and her.
  • sweet guppysweet guppy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_bridal-gown-stores-bay-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:f5c70915-1efc-42bb-8bd7-2518234e3647Post:d56a18df-7e9b-4f52-b5ac-8ce661dd89a1">Re: What are the best bridal gown stores in the Bay Area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my dress from Trudy's and couldn't be happier with their service!
    Posted by soprano19[/QUOTE]

Me too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    BoLee Bridal in Sunnyvale, I think they're pretty new.  It's a random location, but a beautiful store with a good selection of dresses (reasonable prices too)
  • edited December 2011
    it's not in the south bay but i highly recommend janene's bridal in alameda. for a boutique, she has an amazing selection of dresses in different price ranges. she can also make a dress from scratch and is an amazing seamstress. i bought my dress there and the experience was amazing. she let me go around the store and pick out what i wanted to try on. i wasn't rushed through the appointment and, after seeing the style of dresses i liked and what looked good on me, she picked out a dress that ended up being the one. i wouldn't have picked it based on what it looked like on the model in the picture but it ended up being perfect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oh and she didn't push me into a sale. she let me take pics and actually told me sometimes it's better if you go home and look at the pictures and then decide. i didn't have to do that because i knew i wanted that dress but it was really cool to know it was an option.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards