Georgia-Savannah

Savannah Vacation- please help!

Hi girls!  I've been married for a while but have found the BEST resource for vacations is theknot!!!!  The New Orleans girls hooked me up w/ awesome places!So my DH and I are planning to go to Savannah for Christmas since we have never been (even thought I was raised in N. GA)So please share any great hotels- I am looking for something that is close to everything, has a great view from the room and medium priced ($150-$250/night).  What do you think about the Mansion on Forsyth Park and The Westin?  They both are running deal's right now for around $140, but the reviews are so so.TIA!Lauren
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Savannah Vacation- please help!

• edited December 2011
    Lauren,I can't speak to either The Mansion on Forsyth or The Westin but I do highly recommend either the Avia or The Bohemian.  We stayed at the Avia a few weeks ago and loved the place.  A few friends stayed at the Bohemian -- the view is amazing.  I believe both have rooms in the $150 range.Hope this helps. J
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi.  Check out my bio for a ton of recs.  I like the Westin, but it is across the river from everything and can be a pain in the butt to access everything.  You either have to drive back and forth or take the ferry.  The Mansion isn't exactly in the best area.  I don't recomend walking very much there, especially at night.  I would stay closer to the Bay St area.  The Bohemia and the Avia are both brand new "boutique" type hotels.  There are several others listed in my bio.  I live here and have lived here most of my life.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  If I don't answer quickly, come over the the Military Newlyweds board on the Nest and find me.
  • LaurenandMackLaurenandMack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!  Your bio is such a HUGE help!  I am going to print it out and go to as many places as we can.  I do have a couple of questions:
    Is the Hampton Inn close to everything?  I read reviews and some said it is in a great spot- close to everything, and some said it is close to a school and it is loud and kind of far from the bars.  We like to be in the mix of things, so I wonder if this would be a good fit?  (we can use credit card points there!)
    Also, would you recommend the Pink House or is it overrated?
    Thanks SO MUCH!
    Lauren
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards