Georgia-Savannah

I need help finding a location

So I've been searching for about two straight days now and still can't find a good location, and I don't have very long with internet access. We're not getting married for another full year, but I just sat through my uncle's wedding and it was so chaotic and stressful and I know they didnt get to enjoy their wedding like they should have. Well I don't want mine to end up like that so I'm planning early :)

Every place I've found either includes things that I don't need (Such as a minister, photographers, videographers, and/or flowers), or they don't include a reception room. I want it to be an outdoor venue, in Georgia, preferrably near the coastline. But I want there to be a cottage or inn or cabin where we can go inside for the reception.

Any suggestions??

Re: I need help finding a location

• edited December 2011
    Have you thought about renting a house on Tybee and holding the reception and ceremony in the house/on the beach?....that way you can have it catered and pick and choose which vendors or extras you want.
  • edited December 2011
    What is your budget? Low? Medium? Limitless?
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_need-finding-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:603Discussion:44914296-d5a2-4b0d-8e29-81853c2184fcPost:d0c82dcc-23c9-4a38-a2fc-893bd4027d42">Re: I need help finding a location</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you thought about renting a house on Tybee and holding the reception and ceremony in the house/on the beach?....that way you can have it catered and pick and choose which vendors or extras you want.
    Posted by JenniferTattersfield[/QUOTE]
    The City of Tybee discourages this because of parking issues and many of the rental companies in town do not allow it because the island is basically one big residential area. 
    If you are having a small wedding, 30 or less, you may find someone willing to allow it.  Be upfront with the rental company or person renting and be sure to ask if you may be required a special event permit by the city. 
    There are actually several houses on the rental market out there that are large enough and may have enough parking for a wedding of about 50 people.  Just be sure to cover your self with the city.  Call City Hall and find out what you need to do. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards