Georgia-Savannah

Avia Hotel

Hi, has anyone had a wedding at the Avia Hotel? I am looking to do a destination wedding there (I'm from NJ) and the prices and eveything seem to match what I'm looking for but was wondering how great they are.

Thanks!

Re: Avia Hotel

• edited December 2011
    We aren't having the ceremony there, just the reception but Lisa to wedding coordinator is as good as they come.  Every vendor we have met with loves her as do we.  It depends really how many people you would like to have and when because the ballroom is rather small (ceiling height wise) and the other place would be the pool terrace outside.
  • CKandWWCKandWW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the AVIA and loved it, but we are looking for something a little more historic.  Lisa is great.  She has the prefect personality for a wedding coordinator! 

BTW...  They have the best margaritas at their bar...  Made with fresh lime juice not sour mix!  We had a few of those!  :o)
  • asegalasegal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok- tacky question?  Does anyone know about pricing for them?  I am looking at them for my reception and I am having trouble getting them to quote me a price?

I know it is tacky but I just want to know if we are talking mansion pricey or average pricing with the downtown hotels
  • edited December 2011
    the room fee is $500 and then their food and beverage minimum is 6k.  They have tables and linens and napkins in colors and can rent you chair covers and sashes for i think 3.50 each.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding ceremony and reception there in April 2011 and it's a beautiful venue. We did a package deal for a small evening wedding of 40 and the price is just right. We are excited about doing our sampling because the menu sounds so delicious. And as far as Lisa goes, she is great! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards