Georgia-Savannah
Options

Wedding Venue

I need help, please!  I am planning a wedding for March 2011 and cannot think of a single place that I like as a venue (I would like to have the ceremony and the reception at the same place).  Several of my friends had a three-ring circus for their weddings and I am not going to do that.  I am planning for 40-50 people tops and I would like the option of outside for cocktail hour, but obviously weather is a hazard here in the SAV.  If anyone can give me ideas that would be great.  Thanks!

Re: Wedding Venue

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had her ceremony and cocktail hour in the courtyard at the Mansion.  The reception was in the ballroom.  The only negative is the pool is on the other side of a half wall. 

You could do the Ships of the Sea Museum. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Davenport House is where we are having our ceremony May 2011 in the Garden. The nice thing is they have a bldg that is an old pharmacy they recently aquired which is great back up if it rains and could be used for the full event if you wanted.  We are having our reception at Paula Deen's restaurant...The Lady & Sons in the banquet room.

Hope that helps!
    Christine
  • Options
    bean0408bean0408 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends just got married at the Westin. They did the ceremony outside and it was beautiful. They moved the reception inside and it was truly lovely also. i really didn' t think the Westin was going to be all that fab but it impressed me. Just me opinion
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Mulberry Inn has a great little courtyard and a glassed in room that you could use that overlooks the court yard if it rains.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards