Georgia-Savannah
Options

Tailgate type food-Rehearsal dinner

I'm having a wedding in savannah GA on June 13th.   I am looking for suggestions for some good tailgate food.  We're having a talegate rehearsal dinner: he's UK I'm Ole Miss.  BBQ, ribs, wings, dogs, deviled eggs, potato salad, beans, chips dip, sausage and cheese, fruits.......things like this.  I don't want to pay 10 a person for a normal meal but don't want to run all over town.  Does a store like publix, sams, or a grocery store have a deli that can make good hot food trays that we could pick up close along with the other things in Savannah?  Our site is 109 West Liberty. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Tailgate type food-Rehearsal dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a wedding in savannah GA on June 13th.   I am looking for suggestions for some good tailgate food.  We're having a talegate rehearsal dinner: he's UK I'm Ole Miss.  BBQ, ribs, wings, dogs, deviled eggs, potato salad, beans, chips dip, sausage and cheese, fruits.......things like this.  I don't want to pay 10 a person for a normal meal but don't want to run all over town.  Does a store like publix, sams, or a grocery store have a deli that can make good hot food trays that we could pick up close along with the other things in Savannah?  Our site is 109 West Liberty. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Publix would be able to do several of those things.  Be aware that most of the Publix trays cost about $50 each.  You could also check with restaurants like Barnes or Smoke House BBQ to see how much it would cost to order the food from them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how far from Savannah you are willing to travel, but there is a Jim and Nick's bbq in Bluffton, SC (about 30 minute drive) that could definitely do everything for you...the food is amazing and they have lots of catering choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards