Georgia-Savannah

Recommendations

Hi board buddies! I hope everyone's wedding planning is going smoothly and to plan so far.  I'm looking for recommendations for the savannah area for wedding photographers, make up/hair, and florists.  My fiancé recently moved to savannah and I love it!  Unfortunately I'm still in Athens, Ga until I graduate in May and I'm finding it really difficult to find local talent that doesn't cost a fortune.   If anyone out there can recommend anyone I would really appreciate it.  My fiancé is paying for the wedding so I'm not looking for anything to expensive and extravagant but honestly anything would be helpful at this point.   Thank you so much!    Looking forward to meeting all of you and learning about your fabulous weddings,  
Happy planning
Jenni

Re: Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    Hi Jenni,

I would strongly recommend you check out Blume Photography in Athens, GA.  I am getting married in Savannah in June, and they are traveling to my wedding for a nominal fee.  Since they are in Athens, you could set up a consultation with them and work with the closely in person prior to the wedding.  I have already done my engagement shoot with them, and I cannot say enough great things.  They are a husband and wife team (Phillip and Eileen); their photographs are astoundingly beautiful, they may actually be the two nicest people I have ever met, and they have price points that fit most budgets.  Also, their packages include unlimited photos for the day...they don't limit you to 4 hours or 6 hours or whatever.  Out of all of my wedding planning decisions, the only one I haven't second guessed is my choice to hire them.  They are truly amazing!

Since you are in Athens, I really suggest you at least meet with them.  All of their contact info, as well as lots of samples of their work can be found at

www.blumephotography.com

I'm still working on hair/make-up, but I'll send along any info once I have some.

:) kristi
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much Kristi I will definitely check them out!
  • atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PM sent :)
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love Stacy Martinez Photography.  She does great work.  I know she is moving a few hours away soon, but her family is here and she plans to still do work here. 

You can also contact the photography department at SCAD.  Students are always looking for jobs to add to their portfolio and they usually do it at a pretty low rate. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • juliestromjuliestrom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Innican's is a great florist shop that is really reasonable. They are so nice and the flowers are beautiful.
  • chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photography by Lori is our top choice.  I like that she doesn't have the standard 6 hour minimum, which we didn't need with our small elopement we had planned.  She has a GREAT personality as well.

Stacy Martinez is very talented as well, but her contract states that if SHE has to cancel, she has no backup and you will NOT get your deposit back.  That didn't sit well with me.

I also absolutely ADORED Aislinnkate.com  - Aislinn has such talent and a great personality, but we didn't need her for the 6-8 hour minimum she required.  I was kind of sad about this. 
  • hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Jenny Goodman:

www.imagesbyjenny.com

We only needed her for about two hours, so her price was really reasonable.  I was very happy with our pictures.

You also might want to take a look at Savannah Wedding Studio--they're kind of "shop at one spot" place.  I had my hair/makeup done there, although the girl that did mine isn't there any longer (she moved away from Savannah).  I liked what I saw there from their photographer.
  • edited December 2011
    All About you Entertainment  is who we are using as a DJ.  Our Ceromony will be at the Davenport House Gardens, very reasonable.  And our reception will be in the downstairs area of the Lady & Sons restaurant a private area and very inexpensive.  Having about 100 guests.  We are using Peacock's on 34th for our flowers.  When I go with my Bridal party to Savannah in Feb for a girls trip we will finalize where to get our hair done, etc.  We actually live in Atlanta and have a Photographer who is travelling from here to Savannah. So I think you probably could find one in Athens.

If you want check out my wedding website below I have some good Savannah info on it.  Good Luck!

Christine

http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/pwp2/view/MemberPage.aspx?coupleId=5753007269125079&MsdVisit=1
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Darien, GA- about 60 or so miles south of Savannah. I need to find a makeup/hair person close- either Savannah, Brunswick, St. Simons/Jekyll, or Jacksonville.  I also need a cupcake person for the reception!  Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards