Georgia-Savannah
Options

Hotel & fun Recommendations

Hey all!  I'm looking to book a room for a night or two on our little mini-moon road trip next July!  What hotel or B&B do you suggest that is within a good distance of everything?

Anything that you absolutely recommend doing while in Savannah?

Thanks so much!!

Re: Hotel & fun Recommendations

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The hotel completely depends on what you are looking for.  Some recomendations I have are The Planter's Inn, AVIA, The Bohemian, The Double Tree and The Inn at Ellis Square. 
    There are a ton of things to do in Savannah.  I recomend a trolley tour at the Visitor's Center.  You can get a day pass to hop on and off all day for $10.  There are a ton of ghosts tours.  The best one is the Haunted Pub Crawl.  There are so many museums and historic homes you can visit. There are brochures for all of them at the Visitor's Center. 
    You can head out to Tybee Island one day.  Lay on the beach, climb the light house or take a tour. Capt. Mike's Dolphin Tours is great.  Sea Kayak GA offers kayak tours through the tidal creeks and even a few over to Little Tybee, an uninhabited island off the south end of Tybee. 
    There are several old forts you can visit.  There are beautiful old cemeteries.  You won't be bored around here.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those all sound great!!

I've never been to Savannah and have always wanted to!  I hear it's beautiful! We're def. interested in the haunted tours...

What would you say are the top 5 things to do, see, etc. during the day??

Hotels, no idea where to go since we don't know where anything is located...hence something centrally located...

TIA!
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would stay in the historic district.  All the hotels I listed above are in that area. 
    My top five things to do would be
    -a trolley tour to get your bearings
    - walk around a few of the cemeteries.  I'm not a fan of tour busses in cemeteries, so I suggest grabing a map or hitting up your GPS. 
    - a dolphin tour on Tybee. 
    - walk around the squares
    - take a walk down River Street.  I suggest either lunch or dinner at Olympia Cafe, especially if you like Greek food.  Don't forget to get pralines at River Street Sweets. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards