Georgia-Savannah
Options

Bride from Atl needs HELP!!

I like in Atlanta and we are considering have a beach wedding on Tybee or a wedding in savannah.  We are on a tight budget and anticipate 50 people would come down.  Our guest number for Atlanta is 100.  Can anyone recommend any company's that do destination wedding packages or planners?  How about the Ocean Plaza?  My family loves Paula Dean and the Lady and Sons so I thought their food would be good for rehersal or reception.  I hope to setup some appointments and come down and meet with vendors in the next two weeks so we can make some decisions.

I would appreciate any info you can provide.

Thanks!

Re: Bride from Atl needs HELP!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I live in Atlanta as well and i am planning our wedding in april 2011. I am working with Posh Petals and Pearls who I found on this site. They are amazing so far and I seriously could not beat the price. Check them out!

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Tybee Jack Weddings or Tybee Island Weddings would be a good places for you to start.  Also, if you are into Niclolas Sparks movies, the church that was used in the making of the Last Song is going to be available for weddings here in a couple of months.  They are getting everything moved to a different location and setting up now. 

I wouldn't use the Ocean Plaza.  The service is iffy these days and the rooms are musty.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Royal Touch Weddings they are great !!!
  • Options
    gtgirl23gtgirl23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Gazebo Weddings of Savannah
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, the Ocean Plaza is probably not a good choice.  Its never been particularly nice, IMO.  There are tons of places to get married in Savannah, as I'm sure you know. Consider Fort Pulaski, Bethesda Chapel (at the Bethesda Boys Home), and North Beach (not the pier) on Tybee. Those are less crowded, less money, and a little off of the "norm".  Also, I hate to say it - and having lived in Savannah for many many years, I truly do hate to - but The Lady & Sons is the most highly overrated restaurant in Savannah. The food is just glorified Golden Corral stuff..  Paula doesn't cook it, most of it isn't her recipes, and they unload a Cisco truck in front of that place everyday, just like every other restaurant in Sav.  My boss is a close personal friend of Paula's and I've been to a few parties that she herself catered -- fantastic food - but the restaurant isn't so great.  Head out to her brother's place, Uncle Bubba's on Hwy 80 towards Tybee for some great food - they do banquets as well!
    .:Anna + Bryan:. .::6.11.11::.
  • Options
    roses4uroses4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey! i'm planning a destination wedding and i'm having a small wedding and i found a photographer that loves the beach and worked with our budget...she is GREAT. i don't know if you already have a photographer...but you can check her out. www.jenniferbischof.com.

hope your planning goes well!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards