Georgia-Savannah
Options

Forsyth Park Brides

Ok...so I'm obsessing over getting Forsyth Park reserved. I'm sure all of you know that you can't reserve the park until a year out. Here is my question: how early did you get to the office on the day you could reserve it? I called the guy with the park service and he made it sound like it's impossible to get the park. Do I need to be sitting outside his door at 3AM? Tell me what your experience was please. :)
October 2012 Board: June Siggy

Re: Forsyth Park Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i've heard that you should be there at open. I dont think you need to be there at 3 am but maybe 15 -30 minutes before they open. I would also call back to see if anyone else has good advice for you from the park service because some people give you the wrong info and they could tell you that its not that hard. good luck. :)
    "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality" John Lennon
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on the time of year that you are wanting to have your wedding.  I would be there when it opens, though to make sure that you get the day you want.  I can assure you there isn't a mad dash for the office in the morning. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    amharris87amharris87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a wedding planner?  The reason I ask is because our wedding planner reserved Forsyth Park for our wedding coming up in March.  She made it sound as if many times, planners (usually they have connections) will turn in the paperwork and the check as early as possible, even farther than one year out, but the park service office cannot actually reserve it for you.  Our planner turned in the paperwork for our event in February of 2010, but we did not receive a written confirmation until March 30th, exactly 1 year out from our date.  I hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards