North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

my vendor reviews

Venue (ceremony & reception) - Hilton Mansion on the Hill ( a.k.a. RTP or RDU Hilton)  LOVED THEM!  So accommadating!  We did the cereomny on their lawn instead of the courtyard (where outside wedding normally take place).  It was beautiful!  We did the cocktail hour in the courtyard instead.  We used the Magnolia room for our reception...it's smaller but perfect for our wedding.  very cute (not a giant square!).  They also treated our guests wonderfully.  My dad thought he was getting special treatment being the FOB, but asked other guests and they agreed with him.

Catering - Hilton So yummy!  even made yukon gold mashed potatoes just for my husband!  I think that's all he ate for dinner!

Hair & Make-up - Bella Trio (in Sutton Station by Southpoint) Wonderful! Jodi did my hair and Emily did my make-up.  These 2 often get called to do photo shoots for southern bridal mags.

Flowers - Brides & Bouquets (Cary, NC) Greg was awesome!  I went to 3 different florists, told them the same exact thing, and he had the best quote (and stuck to it!)  I loved my flowers!  He even put the sunflowers that i wanted for my girls' bouquets in mine!  It was a great surprise!

Cake - Sweet Memories (Apex) DELICIOUS!!!! My husband is not big into sweets.  Our bottom layer was sweet potato cake (I know...scary to hear but AMAZING to eat!).  When we fed it to each other we both had forgotten how good it was.  After the wedding was over, I found my husband eating cake...and not just one piece!

Photographer - JAM Photography  People always say "Don't hire your friends"  I'm So glad that I didn't listen to them!  Jordan and Mindy did an amazing job!  I'm slightly obsessed with the sneak peek they put up on their blog.  I cannot wait to see everything they got!  They're not that expensive (by comparison) either!  A few $1000 cheaper than anyone else I looked at.  You can go look at the sneak peek if you want!  www.jordanandmindy.com  look in their blog.  I'm the bride with the adorable baby with the BEST rolls!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: my vendor reviews

• edited December 2011
    I forgot my DJ and wedding planner!!!

KMDJ Company - Kevin covered everything I wanted!  Starting with an all instrumental version of Elvis Presley's "I can't help Falling in love" to walk down the aisle to, to cutting out the beginning of the Fugees "Killing me Softly" for our first dance.  I wasn't your average bride...but we had FUN!

Your Special Day - Shawn was wonderful!  She made my "I don't care, but my mom's breathing down my neck" wedding into a beautiful day.  She was only hired for Day of Coordinating...which I highly recommend!  She took care of getting everything to the venue and where it needed to be.  She even hid our presents for us so that a guest, who shall remain nameless, wouldn't steal them.  She kept me calm (mostly...she missed my momzilla a few times).  My BP called her the "nice wedding nazi"  She got things done, but was nice about it!  LOVED HER!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

Question about your day of coordinator: I know you said she hid your presents, but I was wondering specifically, what all did she do? I feel like I've already done a lot of leg work on my wedding and since most of my vendors have worked with the Carolina Inn/Newman Center (my venues) dozens of times, I haven't been too worried about making sure everyone shows up on time and gets the ball rolling. I was also wondering (tacky, I know, but many of us are very budget conscious), how much did she cost? Our budget is already stretched as we went to the absolute max we could spend for photographer and venue, but if a little bit extra really makes that much difference, I'd love to know. Thanks for your help and your reviews!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards