North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

yellow school bus

does anyone know of a place to rent a yellow school bus in Raleigh/ Durham/ Cary ?
I am wanting to rent one for after the wedding to take guests from the wedding / reception at a local hotel  to a local bar for music / band and then back to the hotel again..   most guests are out of towners and would be staying at the hotel and this would avoid drinking and driving... since we won't need transportation during the day this works out great - but i want a yellow school bus - more people can fit on it - so less trips back and forth
Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: yellow school bus

• i don't know about renting an actual yellow school bus, but you might check with Carolina Livery -- they have lots of options and one of them might be school-bus-like. You might also call your nearest YMCA to see if they have a bus they rent. When we did the Komen Race for the Cure last summer, one of the buses that took people back and forth to the RBC Center was a YMCA bus. I'm not sure local school districts rent out their actual yellow buses (other kinds of buses aren't allowed to be yellow), but you could always ask your local school district's administrative office. Or perhaps the company that provides the yellow buses for the school also has other vehicles that they can rent....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_yellow-school-bus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:606Discussion:2f5f0ade-b7ec-47e9-afb7-e7ed1863ce3dPost:f2a962ba-bed8-4e9c-9fa9-5199672d8a60">Re: yellow school bus</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't know about renting an actual yellow school bus, but you might check with Carolina Livery -- they have lots of options and one of them might be school-bus-like. You might also call your nearest YMCA to see if they have a bus they rent. When we did the Komen Race for the Cure last summer, one of the buses that took people back and forth to the RBC Center was a YMCA bus. I'm not sure local school districts rent out their actual yellow buses (other kinds of buses aren't allowed to be yellow), but you could always ask your local school district's administrative office. Or perhaps the company that provides the yellow buses for the school also has other vehicles that they can rent....
    Posted by vbjoanna[/QUOTE]

Thanks - YMCA was not a place I thought of --   couch trip I found has school busses that have been re-done so they seat waaay less than a school bus - and didn't know that other busses couldn't be yellow in nc ... thanks again
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't know about school buses, but there are a couple of places to rent trolleys in downtown Raleigh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards