North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

HELP! Garden ceremony and reception locations in the Triangle

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are desperately seeking advice on locations to have our ceremony and reception next June.  We have looked at Duke Gardens and Haywood Hall and are considering them for the ceremony but it is too expensive to also have the reception there as rental fees are $1-2k just for an empty room which you need to fill with tables, chairs, linens, china, etc!  Does anyone have any suggestions?  We are willing to consider hotels as well as reception halls.

Thanks for your help!!
Jen

Re: HELP! Garden ceremony and reception locations in the Triangle

• edited December 2011
    Try The Sutherland it is located in Wake Forest (but it honestly is not that far from Raleigh).
                                                   www.thesutherland.com

It is a beautiful southern mansion which has a walled garden on one side of the house and a "grooms" terrace on the other side of the house.

We are getting married there June 2011. I don't quite know what your price range (or really recall the price of the venue - my father is paying for the wedding and I have asked to not know the price). Anyway, I do know that they include a certain number of table and chairs and such.

Anyway, it's beautiful there!!!! You should definately check it out! Ashlee Adams, one of the coordinators, is absolutely amazing to work with.

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Tuscany Gardens ( www.tuscany-gardens.com) is a garden ceremony AND you can have the reception in their reception hall for GREAT prices. I think it's 1,800 to have the reception hall AND the ceremony in the garden all day and evening. Check it out
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Borden Building. It's owed by the City of Raleigh and has a lovely garden in front of it. Both Raleigh and Cary own historic locations that are budget friendly.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance is a caterer and he catered a wedding at Lake Wheeler.  It was on the deck area and there was a room off the deck that we had the food in.  Not sure of the size of your wedding but it really was a nice location and setting.
  • edited December 2011
    crenshaw hall in wake forest has beautiful garden area for the ceremony and a large tent for the reception.

http://www.historic-crenshawhall.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards