North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

XP - good antique places?

hi girls!
i'm looking for vintage items like mason jars, milk glass, doilies, handkerchiefs...etc.

i'm in winston-salem, and i feel like i have no idea where good antique shops are.
any ideas out there? i'd really appreciate! i'm also willing to travel within reason :) thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP - good antique places?

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure about actual stores in Winston, but I will say that I suggest going to local auctions, primarily estate auctions. It'll be MUCH cheaper than antique stores as those places will jack up prices like crazy.
    also, check Craigslist and yardsales and possibly goodwill.

Michaels sells the mason jars.

Good luck! :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Chapel Hill, and i'll keep an eye out. If I see anything, I'll post about it! ^_^
  • AnneM12AnneM12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this might be a bit far for you, but after the State Fair the Flea Market has TONS of stuff like that.  Also, Suzannah's Antiques off of Durant Rd in Raleigh has lots of little treasures too, like the kind of antique places you see on HGTV.  If you're in the area, stop by downtown Durham on Foster Street, there is a place called the Scrap Exchange where people donate leftovers; leftover paint, picture frames, paper, you name it! Look them up on facebook, and then you can message them to see if they have what you need before driving out there.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards