Pennsylvania-Central

reception sites/hall ideas in Bloomsburg, PA

Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} My fiancé and I are getting married in Bloomsburg, PA next fall (September 2010).  I'm not sure if Bloomsburg falls into the central PA category, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to suggest some possible reception sites/halls.  We're not really looking for anything super fancy, just something close to the church (we're having an out of town wedding).  If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Thank you in advance!!!

Re: reception sites/hall ideas in Bloomsburg, PA

• Irishgypsy88Irishgypsy88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Danville next spring, so I've had a chance to look around the area myself (still working on the rehearsal dinner site, but coming close!). Bloomsburg has a few options that are good. The Caldwell Consistory is a very nice place -- they actually have a bridal fair there every year in February (it's on the 22nd in 2010). We had visited Windsor Heights Golf Course & Restaurant (it's in Buckhorn) also. It wasn't exactly for us -- we're at Frosty Valley Country Club in Danville -- but it was nice and would have been our second choice if the prices hadn't been so perfect at FVCC. Of course, there is always the University, if you are an alumna. The Elks in Danville is also another nice option, and isn't that far outside of Bloom. Good luck with your planning!!
    -Michele Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My sister got married at the Barn at Boone's Dam, though it has changed management since she used it and I haven't heard the best things about it since. It was a beautiful spot however. Does it have to be right in Bloomsburg? There are even more locations in the area if you are willing to expand a little.
  • deezerbugdeezerbug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well...we want to try and stay as close to the area as possible.  We're having an out of town wedding and out family will be traveling 3-4 hours to begin with...if not more (some will have to travel from Florida and other areas if they come).We're open to any and all suggestions though.  I would have to probably cap travel time at 1/2 hour.  Just let me know!Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Some places in the area:Bloomsburg:-Windsor Heights Golf Club-Bloomsburg University-Barn at Boone's Dam-Caldwell ConsistoryDanville:-Danville Ballroom-Frosty Valley-Doctor's Inn Bed and BreakfastNorthumberland:-Front Street Station-Ted's on the Hill-Priestley-Savidge House (This place is BEAUTIFUL)-Townside Garden Cafe-Spyglass WineryThere are a ton more, but I listed some of the most popular or nicest. If there is a certain look you are going for, I might be able to point you in a direction. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I forgot about The Pine Barn Inn in Danville (Oprah ate there once!) and the Barn at Mayberry in Riverside (just past Danville)
  • edited December 2011
    I just heard that Windsor Heights is closed (at least for receptions, not sure about golfing). I heard of a bride that is four weeks from her reception there and is now completely screwed.The Barn at Boones Dam is a great spot that keb recommended but I would stay away from the Elks. I was at a wedding there last year and the manager was miserable to the couple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards