North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Cakes in the Goldsboro/Raleigh area?

Hello ladies. 

I'm planning my BFF's baby shower in Goldsboro.  I actually live in Virginia and have NO idea where to go to get a kick butt cake down there.  (I don't want a sheet cake, I want a wedding-cake-type cake).  Can any one make any recommendations for me?  The closer to Goldsboro the better, but I'm willing to drive as far as Raleigh to pick it up if it's worth it.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any information!

Re: Cakes in the Goldsboro/Raleigh area?

• edited December 2011
    This bakery is in Cary, but its worth the extra 10 minutes. Simply Cakes- www.simplycakesnc.com Just amazing and delicious!  Lorie was my favorite wedding vendor and people still talk about how good the cake was :-)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Edible Art in Raleigh is excellent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • christine3281christine3281 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how "wedding cake" you want it to appear from the outside. For really good, but not really weddingy-looking cake, "Hayes Barton Cafe and Dessertery" in Raleigh has yummy ones. The cake is huge, height-wise, probably as high as two cakes put together, and very rich, so small slices would be plenty. My favorite is a white cake with lemon curd filling and blueberries. Not sure how much a whole cake costs, though.
  • britzer152britzer152 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the square rabbit bakery in raleigh- most affordable and best cakes around!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we just booked our wedding cake with Ashley's Cakes. She works out of her home. Ashley has really reasonable prices, and is SUPER sweet. From the moment we met her, we felt we could trust her - which was a big thing for me as a baker!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards