Pennsylvania-Central

Question

My uncle is flying in from AZ to do our ceremony.  Turns out he wont be arriving until 730pm the night before.  How should I go about doing the rehearsal?  I think I have come up with a few options1.  Just have rehearsal... no dinner2.  Have rehearsal at 8pm and dinner to follow (9ish?)3.  Have dinner before rehearsal, but then aunt and uncle can not attend.please help me!! This is all contingent on us being able to get the church that late at night, still waiting to hear about thatTIA

Re: Question

• edited December 2011
    if it were me I'd do the rehersal late and then go for desserts/ice cream somewhere fun if you have somewhere
  • edited December 2011
    honestly you should feed everyone still for the rehearsal. maybe wait to have the rehearsal a little later and then have dinner. if you have time to set anything up do it before your uncle comes. GL
  • mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have the rehearsal, you need to feed your guests. So either option 2 or 3.
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • edited December 2011
    Is he arriving at rehearsal site at 7:30 or airport and if the airport how far is that from ceremony site? That could push your rehearsal back very late if the ceremony site is far from the airport.I personally would be starving if I didn't have dinner until 9 so I would do option 3 before 2...or do like pp said and have deserts or appitizers (but let people know to eat before rehearsal.)
  • kc91181kc91181 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of having the rehearsal late and then going somewhere for dessert and appetizers idea too.
    Me:31 DH:34
    Married: 4/8/12
    DX: PCOS/MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 planned for March/April
    **PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
  • edited December 2011
    i don't think you have to feed anyone, if it's later and you put on the invites apps. and dessert after hopfully they will be smart and eat before they come.  you could do great things with desserts!!
  • edited December 2011
    Well I spoke with my mom and she said the best thing to do would probably be to keep my original plans and then when they arrive at dinner, my uncle can go over anything he needs to with me and my FI or the wedding party.  My mom said to ask him for pointers to get through the ceremony rehearsal and that way everyone still gets to eat dinner (I will push it back about an hour so they can make it).  At least everyone will know the flow of the ceremony, we have a lot of first time wedding goers in our party.thanks for all the suggestions :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards