North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Durham/Chapel Hill caterers help!

My fiance and I are getting married at Duke Chapel and our reception will be held at Duke Gardens. They have a list of caterers that they will allow and I was wondering if any of you had had any experience with these companies either through or outside of the Gardens. They are The Catering Company, Durham Catering, Sage and Swift, Catering Works, and Savory Fare. Thanks!

Re: Durham/Chapel Hill caterers help!

• I'm using Premier Catering, and they are wonderful! I know that Premier Catering used to be on the Duke Garden list.
  • Of those listed, Catering Works is by far the best. If those are the only ones you're allowed to use, I would defnitely contact CW first. 
  • Durham Catering = not responsive.  I did a phone consultation and it took 2 weeks to get a proposal.  The caterer I selected (Rocky Top Hospitality) always responds in 24 hours or less.

Also when I mentioned to my cake maker (considered one of the best in the area) tht I was considering them she didn't come out and say not to use them but she wasn't enthusiastic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards