Virginia-Richmond

vintage transportation

Has anyone or is anyone using an old car as transportation between locations? If so, where did you find it? We will need to get from the Willey Bridge area to the science museum..FI's grandpa has a classic car, but would have to trailer it from PA so it's a last resort. TIA!

Re: vintage transportation

• laurenc192laurenc192 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gill's Limo. I haven't used them but have also considered a vintage car and this is the only place I saw. They really only have Rolls I think but they look nice and have a couple of different year/color options. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen a couple girls post on Craigslist just asking if anyone would use their vintage car to transport them and then offering like $100 bucks.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the Gill's recommendation- the 1949 Rolls is exactly what I'm looking for!! They have some Bentleys too. Probably too early for an accurate quote being a year and a half out?
  • laurenc192laurenc192 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're very welcome! Yeah probably a little too early to book although I'm interested to see ho much they charge as well. I'm about a year and a half out too and feel like I'm kind of stuck right now. Just waiting for that 1 year mark to roll around so I can start booking this type of thing. Glad I could help!
  • gudch1gudch1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just called Gill's Limo after reading this post for my May 2010 wedding. I could not believe how rude lady was.  When I asked for pricing she yelled at me that it is $535 for right now.  I will wait to call back to get someone else. 
  • gudch1gudch1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I left out that the price is for 3 hours. 
  • edited December 2011
    That's unfortunate. Do you need it for 3 hours, or is that their minimum??  I really only need a point-to-point transport..
  • gudch1gudch1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was their min.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards