Virginia-Richmond

Too cold in early April to do an outdoor wedding?

Hello!

Just wondering what others' thoughts are about having a primarily outdoor wedding (ceremony around 5pm-ish, then reception right after under a tent) in the Richmond area in early April (eying 4/6/13 right now)? Don't want my guests (or myself!) to be too chilly, especially at the reception... Thanks for the input!

Re: Too cold in early April to do an outdoor wedding?

• I think early April it still gets chilly in the evenings.  If you want to keep at the same time, I would suggest heaters for the tent.  The ceremony part will probably be fine, but I would check the sunset time to see if there will be adequate lighting, otherwise that will be another expense to bring it lighting for the ceremony.
  • I think you'd be fine. I love the weather in April. It's when it's just warming up and all the flowers are blooming.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia-richmond_too-cold-in-early-april-to-do-an-outdoor-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:607Discussion:3a902c6d-359b-4da1-950e-fadb237f816bPost:a02852b1-83e8-4572-928f-208f5ff3798b">Too cold in early April to do an outdoor wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! Just wondering what others' thoughts are about having a primarily outdoor wedding (ceremony around 5pm-ish, then reception right after under a tent) in the Richmond area in early April (eying 4/6/13 right now)? Don't want my guests (or myself!) to be too chilly, especially at the reception... Thanks for the input!
    Posted by amwall3[/QUOTE]

I originally wanted to get married on April 6 as well. But I am also very cold natured and was worried it wouldn't be warm enough. This year was exceptionally warm and would've been beautiful for an outdoor wedding. But Richmond is unpredictable, does your wedding/reception site have the option of being inside if it is cold?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the replies! The place we're considering doesn't really have an inside option it's a BB type setting so I guess some guests could be inside if need be but now we're thinking we'll just reserve tent sides/heaters in case it's chilly. And cross our fingers it's another unseasonably warm spring!
  • Early April is hit or miss in my opinion, especiallly if you are having it in the evening. It can get pretty cold at night at that time of year!  If it was me, I wouldn't want to take the chance - I'd either shoot for May, or move it inside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards