Virginia-Richmond

VENDOR REVIEWS

I’d have to say that we were extremely lucky in that we loved and were completely satisfied with every single vendor that we chose for our wedding day. If we had to do it all over again, i'd chose them all again and I recommend you check them out as well.. You can even tell them I sent you if you'd like!!!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all regarding any of these vendors
 (LSGVCU@yahoo.com)  
Lindsay Bond
J

Ceremony & Reception Venue – The Hanover Country Club     A+   

The HCC is a beautiful location to hold an outdoor wedding. The backdrop of the golf course is amazingly beautiful and we pretty much had a blank slate to do whatever we wanted with! There is a nice sized banquet room indoors where we held our reception and it is just as nice indoors as it is out! But most importantly, we also got Kim Allen, who is the contact person for the HCC banquets. She is honestly the determining factor on us choosing this location for our wedding and reception and I wouldn't do it without her! Kim made this event completely stress free for us. She was so easy to contact throughout the whole year of planning and she always made herself available for us whenever we needed to go by there for any reason at all.  On our wedding day, Kim set up all of the decorations for us, she set up all the chairs for the ceremony, and pretty much acted as my day of coordinator the whole day – with no extra charge!! I can honestly say that I really did not worry about a thing the whole day and every time I turned around, she was constantly checking to make sure we didn’t need anything, and if we did, she wouldn’t hesitate to get it for us!  I am so pleased with my choice to go with HCC and wouldn’t change a thing! 

Flowers– Coleman Brother’s Florist      A+   

We used Coleman Brothers for our personal flowers. I worked with Mimi and she was super sweet and so easy to work with. I brought in a picture of what I wanted for my bridal bouquet (incorporating 5 different types of flowers) and it turned out to be exactly as I wanted it! All of the BM bouquets, boutonnières and corsages turned out perfect as well!  Everything was delivered on time and as-ordered on our wedding day.

Photography–  Engagement, Bridal & Wedding Day – Twilight Images by Melody Smith       A+      

Melody is an amazing woman. Not only is she super talented, but she is so down to earth and so easy to work with. I felt like I was in the company of a friend when shooting with her. As for her work, the pictures say it all.  For our engagement photos we chose to step outside the box and go to the Diamond for our shoot since my husband LOVES baseball. I was a little worried that we wouldn’t have any “non-baseball park” themed photos, but of course, Melody has an eye that’s worth a million bucks.  She found spots to take our photos that would never give away the location as a baseball stadium; she came up with some very creative backdrops – I was impressed!
My Bridal portraits on the other hand were a completely different experience! I walked into Melody’s studio completely dissatisfied with the way my hair turned out and I was totally bummed and had no excitement about doing my bridal portraits at all. Melody fixed that real quick… She pulled out a couple curling irons, hairspray, bobby pins and she spent a good hour with me just re-doing my hair (which was not part of my package). She also did my makeup for the bridal shoot which was included in the package, and I loved it so much that I booked her to do my wedding day makeup as well!!! The photo shoot was so much fun. We did so many different backdrops and poses.  I even noticed a backdrop in her collection that was not pinned on the wall that I really liked and before I knew it, Melody had her ladder out and was pinning it up on the wall – just for me!!!  She made me feel so special and comfortable throughout the whole day!  It was so much fun!!!
The wedding day with Melody was just as expected – PERFECT! As mentioned above, I decided to have her do my makeup on my wedding day so she came a little early to get that done – LOVED IT! And as for all the non-ceremony photos, she had no trouble finding the BEST places to shoot. We gave her total control and don’t regret it at all.  She posted a few teasers the next day and they are insanely beautiful! Feel free to take a peek: (http://twilightimagesblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/bonds.html) And once we were able to see the rest of the collection,  we were completely blown away! The photos are beyond amazing. I have no clue how I am going to be able to pick and choose my favorites for our wedding album!  So to sum it all up in one short sentence… Melody Smith is the BEST!! :o) 

Catering– Hanover Country Club      A+      

HCC was also responsible for all catering aspects of our wedding. The food was excellent and the presentation was just a great. We had so many compliments from our guests on the food and appetizers! Again, Kim Allen was in charge of everything and she was awesome! She made sure everything ran smoothly and she was very sweet. She even catered to the special needs of a couple of my guests with no problems at all (she provided a gluten free meal to one guest and nuggets and hot dogs for the kids). The wait staff was very professional and proficient as well. Overall, everything was great. Many of my guests said it was the best wedding they’ve ever attended and Kim’s attention to everyone’s needs was a great deal in making that happen!

Cake – Cakes
by Graham      A+      

We selected Cakes by Graham from a list of recommendations I’d gathered ahead of time. Graham is very professional and made us feel very comfortable with his ability to give us exactly what we wanted out of our wedding cake. We knew right at the tasting that we wanted their cake! We went with strawberry and coconut as our two flavors, topped with butter cream and beautiful hand piping designs. It was so amazingly delicious and beautiful! We also rented a beautiful cake stand from them and it made the presentation of the cake look stunning! Feel free to browse our wedding photo’s from Melody’s site to see the cake.

Hair and Makeup – Mango Salon -Monique       A+      

Monique is a fresh talent stylist at Mango and she was so awesome to work with! I brought her so many different pictures of what I wanted (because I really didn’t know what I wanted) and she incorporated them all together for me and didn’t give up until I was satisfied! On the wedding day everything was perfect!  

DJ – Hunter O with Daddy O Entertainment      A+    

We had a wonderful experience hiring Hunter to take care of our music for both the ceremony and reception. We had a couple recommendations from others to use Hunter so we kind of already felt comfortable with him before we even met him. But once we did actually meet him, that sealed the deal. Hunter is a very personable person and it’s very obvious that he knows his stuff! He made us feel 100% confident that we were making the right decision by choosing him to DJ our wedding and reception.  We gave Hunter a list of music to be played for the ceremony and for the formalities of the reception, but other than that, we left the rest up to him. Besides a few special requests, Hunter took full control of our reception music and he did an absolutely amazing job of keeping the party going all night long. He did a great job of getting everyone on their feet and the music was enjoyable for people of all ages. Once the dancing started our guests, as well as the two of us when we could, never left the dance floor!! Even a month later, we are still being told by our guests that it was the most fun wedding they have ever attended. We truly recommend Hunter O for any event!    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards