Virginia-Richmond
Options

My wedding is on the same day as the suntrust marathon

I love my reception venue and i have looked at over 5 churches to hold the ceremony however i was suprised about the cost to use a church. I am currently a member at a church in Maryland but we are getting married in richmond. Our officiator will be our very own pastor from maryland. Fyi the churches in richmond, va cost around 1,000-2,000 if you are not a member. I finally found a. affordable church but it is about 20mn from our venue. After booking all my other vendors my wedding planner learned that the marathon was changed to my wedding date. With this information she states that roads will be closed thus the 20mn drive will become a 40mn drive for the guest. She suggested that i do my wedding ceremony at the same place as my reception. My fiance and i are not completely content about having the ceremony at our venue but it would save us money. Has anyone dealt with this before?
Also the marathon ends at 3pm. For the most part once a marathon is over roads start opening up immediately but im not familiar with how it is in richmond. Anyways do you think think we should hold the ceremony at the church at 4pm.
Thoughts? This is stressing me out!
--
Cynthia

" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards