Virginia-Richmond

Need reception place, caterer, cake

Well Iv'e read a ton of your posts so here are my questions. Wedding date is 1/27/13 so this is a Sunday. Pre-reception (ie before the bride and groom get there) kick off around 1pm. Thinking of a brunch, coffee tea etc no alcohol. Thinking of Pearl Cupcake shoppe cos bride is diabetic and can't stand most cakes. Pearls has sugar free. Now budget..around $15/head. Reasonable??? Am open to any suggestions as to place or vendor.

Thanks!!!!!!Sealed

Re: Need reception place, caterer, cake

• opps forgot- around 100 people plan for this
  • Are you talking about just having brunch? Or having a sweet or two? If its brunch, as in you need to sit down and eat all together, I would suggest looking at the bigger restaurants that can actually accomodate you. Mclean's is one of my favorite spots. Sine Irish Pub has killer french toast. If you are looking for grabbing something and serving it to your guests, may I suggest a large order from Panera or Dixie Donuts? You could also convene in the breakfast area of the hotel you are all staying at.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I'm having 100 guests I doubt very seriously McLeans would be able to handle that many at one time. Brunch is not donut time as we're having a wedding cake/cupcakes as well. We're also having a DJ for dancing so therefore I need some space to move.
    I've been emailing caterers to see what's available. This is also on a Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for the advise
  • Well then let me ask you this are you looking for just a venue? I was under the impression that you wanted a laidback restaurant. Rigby's jig, Main Street Station, Knights of Columbus hall if you know anyone in KOC, ballrooms in any of the hotels... Have you tried these? The Marquee also rents their facility.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia-richmond_need-reception-place-caterer-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:607Discussion:a53c3065-0be8-44ca-8956-39dceb36fb98Post:296c7352-d40d-4158-850b-fedebbb03020">Re:Need reception place, caterer, cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well then let me ask you this are you looking for just a venue? I was under the impression that you wanted a laidback restaurant. Rigby's jig, Main Street Station, Knights of Columbus hall if you know anyone in KOC, ballrooms in any of the hotels... Have you tried these? The Marquee also rents their facility.
    Posted by casswhiting[/QUOTE]

I'm in the West End of Richmond and since this is a January wedding, I'm trying to keep it in the WE. Can't seem to find any phone number for the Columbian Center out on Pump. Website didn't seem to work when I was on it. I was hoping for someplace like a hotel banquet room where I just had to deal with one person/ company and not one for the food, one for the venue, etc
  • sarahserednisarahseredni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2013
    I love plugging my venue.

The Manor House at King's Charter in Mechanicsville (20 minutes or so from West End off 295 - I'm from the West End myself) is very affordable at that time of year, and my caterer has a lot of experience there.  He is actually their primary caterer at the venue.  I don't know your budget, but their website is www.themanorhouseva.com.  The venue is gorgeous, and if I could plan my wedding all over again, I'd do a brunch wedding.  Chairs/tables are included there for up to 150 guests.  

The Jasmine Plantation in Providence Forge is also an option, but they aren't West End, obviously.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards