Virginia-Richmond

I REALLY want an OUTDOOR wedding!!

Hey. Can anyone recommend an outdoor wedding venue?  I don't need to have the reception outdoors, just the wedding.  And hopefully some place with nice scenery for taking pictures.Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker
133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image

Re: I REALLY want an OUTDOOR wedding!!

• Vls83Vls83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out The Manor House at Kings Charter. We booked with them for our January 2012 wedding and will obviously be hosting the ceremony and reception indoors but they offer a couple BEAUTIFUL outdoor ceremony locations, they also have tables, chairs, etc on site so you could save on rental fees...not to mention that they are super affordable and so awesome to work with.
  • VCUchica04VCUchica04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree!
  • edited December 2011
    Celebrations at the Reservoir has a lot of beautiful outdoor options right on the water. They can do your reception outdoors (like mine) in the azaelea gardens or you can do an outdoor ceremony with indoor reception. Lots of pretty options there, and pretty affordable. The place has their own in house caterer, florist, all tables/chairs/linens included etc. Very all-in-one deal, though you don't have to use all their vendors. I also looked at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens (gorgeous) and Maymont Park. Almost went with Lewis Ginter, but Maymont restricts the seating during the ceremony so only 30 (I think) people get chairs, which I didn't like.
  • tammyfatammyfa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing and at Sunday Park both have outdoor ceremony sites and indoor or outdoor reception options. They're food is Awesome.
    The Poe Museum
    Mankin Mansion
    Jasmine Plantation (and most all plantations)
    Valentine Musuem (Richmond Historic Center) is very affordable.
    New Kent Winery is VERY pretty and very accomodating.
    I'm at Virginia Crossings with outdoor ceremony, indoor reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the suggestions.  I've taken a look at them online and some look like a great place to have a wedding.  I really like the Boathouse at Sunday Park, but a little too pricey for me Cry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • edited December 2011
    I was originally planning Celebrations but they were WAY too pricy! I went with Apple Blossom Plantation, but Jasmine Plantation, VA Cliffe Inn and the Poe Museum are beautiful! Good luck!!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lewis ginter is very pretty and Maymont is also. We booked Maymont for April 20 2012. We also looked into a few places such as Shanenodah measuem I don't know how far you'd want to go but it's very pretty! Rock hill plantation is ok and Potomac point winery is pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    Maymont, The VA Cliffe Inn, Apple Blossom Plantation, Jasmine Plantation.
  • edited December 2011
    Don't forget that some bed and breakfast places do weddings too. We booked Winterham Plantation in Amelia County for our August 6, 2011 wedding. I absolutely adore Maymont, but due to my FI's mother and step-father's wedding being held there, it got vetod...(FI did not like his former step dad) Check out any local Country Clubs near you, as well
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am having mine at Wyndham Virginia Crossings out behind VCC. I had no idea it was there till I went looking for it! Beautiful courtyard for outdoor weddings and lots of good photo ops around the property.

Happy location hunting!!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards