Virginia-Richmond

Nittaya's Designs for alterations?

Are there any other Alfred Angelo brides who have had their dresses altered by Nittaya's Designs instead of through Alfred Angelo?  I was just told that Nittaya, who does the alterations for Alfred Angelo in Richmond, has her own shop and charges almost double if you go through her via Alfred Angelo instead of just taking your dress to her shop.  Anyone else circumvent AA and save some money?  If so, how was Nittaya's work?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nittaya's Designs for alterations?

• edited December 2011
    I had another formal dress done, but not exactly a wedding dress. I was very happy and the fit was perfect. My friend & her sister both used Nittaya's for their wedding dresses and were pleased. My mother also used this shop for her alterations. Yes, I know several happy customers. 

Just my two cents: She knows the dresses since she is the "go to" seamstress for them. She's going to be the one doing the alterations if you decide to go through the bridal store so you might as well save some money. Right?
  • Thanks for the feedback, Vagal76!  I'm glad to hear you have had good experience with Nittaya's as well as your friend and her sister.  I will opt to go directly to her and save some $$!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did not have an AA dress, but had my wedding dress altered by Nittaya's. They also designed and created my BM dresses. They did a phenomenal job and I was very happy with their work. The prices were reasonable as well. If a store like AA does not have in-house alterations, it's going to be more expensive. I say go around them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards