Virginia-Richmond
Options

Venue Question

Has anyone attended a reception at Rocketts Landing?  I'm curious how the food was since you can't bring in your own caterer.

Thanks!!

Re: Venue Question

• Options
    tammyfatammyfa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Their food is amazing! It's the same menu items you would get if you ate at the Boathouse restaurant. The crab cakes are unbelieveable! I go just for them sometimes lol.  The filet is awesome, crab fritters app is yummy too. You must do the pizzookie too! Heaven!
    I held a private party in the Harbormaster Suite upstairs last year and the service and food were awesome. Very easy to deal with.

The large reception space has only been open since July. I looked at the space the other week and LOVE IT!!  I'd TOTALLY have my wedding there...but the ceremony options there weren't in my favor :(. They have a built in bar now and new carpet. And I just love the exposed brick and concrete columns....oh and that awesome patio.
    Hope that helps, let me know if you have other questions about it. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I have booked our ceremony and reception there.  We really liked the look of the place.  They have done quite a few of renovations to their banquet room including the built in bar and new carpet.  We were also told the kitchen next to the room was going to renovated to a full service kitchen rather than a staging area.  The staff has also been helpful in answering our questions.  It's location close to downtown and along the James were really important to use). 

I've eaten the food at the restaurant at the Rocketts Landing location and attended a reception at the Sunday Park location.  Both times, the food and service were great.

Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My future sister in law lives at Rockett's Landing and we've seen multiple weddings at the Boathouse.  They always look beautiful!  She and I just rented the Harbormaster Suite (private room on the third floor of the Boathouse) for a New Year's Party for 20 of our friends.  We had a four course meal with open bar.  The food was amazing, althought we had ribeye on the menu selections and they wouldn't allow guests to select how they wanted their steaks done.  Everything else was perfect!  The bartender and waitress were both amazing. Great personality and would do anything to make sure we had the best time.  I'm sure your wedding with be perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards