Virginia-Richmond

Review: David's Bridal Richmond

Hi Ladies-

I am a Cville bride.  I had bought a dress from David's Bridal in January, but I had been having second thoughts about it since before I even picked it up.  I didn't think that there was anything that I would be able to do about it, so I was just trying to convince myself to deal with it.  But I wanted to be in love with my dress!  My MOH convinced me to start looking again and to think about buying a second dress, but I couldn't justify losing the money I spent on the first dress.

I called DB, and they agreed to let me come in again and try on new dresses/exchange my gown (even though it had been almost 60 days since I brought the gown home!).  I went in last night (Friday evening), and I had a wonderful experience.  All of the previous times that I have been in have been on weekends and it was insane.  This time, I had a consultant all to myself, and she didn't seem to mind that I wanted to try on 15-20 dresses.  I was not rushed at all.  My consultant even brought over one of the ladies from alterations, who helped me decide what size to order.  Everyone that I interacted with was very friendly and understanding.  I wanted to share this positive experience, since DB doesn't really get many good reviews.  

I am still not sure if I am going to do my alterations through them- I know from my consultation with my previous dress that they are very pricey.  My experience with that consultation was also not good at all, but it was on a weekend.

Here is my dress!  Yay!

Re: Review: David's Bridal Richmond

• KateG528KateG528 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I have had a good experience with that store each time I have had to go in it.  Having been in DB Roanoke and DB Richmond, I personally like Richmond better, and the lady who helped me purchase my wedding dress has been really helpful with bridesmaid dresses/shoes/last minute dress purchasing. So glad to see another good review. 
    May you never steal, lie or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life. And if you must cheat then please cheat death because I couldn't live a day without you.

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/tt11e760.aspx[/img][/url]
  • klsheriffklsheriff member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Going in during the week makes SUCH a big difference.  I'm glad they were able to work with you and you had such a good experience!

PS. your dress is beautiful!
    Anniversary
  • I went to DB in Newport News/Hampton and the DB in Richmond.  I must say that I was sadly disappointed with the service and cookie cutter dresses.  Also becareful of the dress size they say you can get.

I say all of this because after thinking I had my dress, I decided to try out Williamsburg Bridal. OMG the service I received there is 200% better than ANY experience I have had with DB.  (This is not my first wedding either).

At both DB locations I barely talked with the consultant, both had other brides and was rushing back and forth between the several she was handling.  Both times I got the feeling "Aren't you done yet?" and the DB in Richmond never gave me shoes or a slip or bra.  I had to go get them myself.  She actually disappeared on me and I had to complain and get another consultant.  When I am spending as much as I am I would expect that I would receive better treatment.  Williamsburg bridal actually puts one consultant with one bride.  My consultant actually had a full blown conversation with me and got to know me as well as my personality and my fiance.

I said to becareful on the dress size because the dresses at DB have all been tried on so much that they have stretched.  I was an 8-10 at DB, and when I went to Williamsburg Bridal my legit true dress size was a 12.  Yes the dresses are a bit more expensive but Williamsburg Bridal will work with you on payments so you can get the dress of your dreams.

I can't say enough about checking out your smaller bridal shops before deciding on a dress.  Don't get stuck with a cookie cutter dress, pamper yourself it's your special day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards