Kentucky-Louisville

How much would you expect to pay for these centerpieces...

Re: How much would you expect to pay for these centerpieces...

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to guess $80 - $100 each. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am just trying to gauge how much all this stuff costs. Very overwhelming when you look at EVERYTHING you have to pay for.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it can be.  And, every florist will be different, price wise.  But those, with the branches, florals, candles, crystals, etc., will not be super cheap.  :D 

My suggestion - set a budget.  The Knot has a budget breakdown thing that tells you if you have $15k to spend, $1200 should be flowers.  (I made those numbers up just now, FYI.)  Obviously you can deviate, but it gives you an outline to work with. 

The, collect photos you like.  If you find a florist, show them the photos, tell them your floral budget, and see what they recommend.  Vases can be SUPER expensive from the florist.  But, I found the same thing from the dollar store and saved myself a LOT of money.  Little things like that really add up - either good or bad - so just keep an eye out for deals and sales. 

DIY can help a lot too.  I did a TON of stuff myself.  I knew exactly what the quality would be, and it kept prices down too.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah the Knot budget really helps if this is your family's first wedding (it was for mine).  I went a little over on some things, but then a little under on others.  It just depends on what is more important to go over/under to you.  I went to three florists and asked for the same thing at each.  While I didn't go with the cheapest quote, I went with the person that had the most "with-it-ness" and was more willing to work with my budget.  Just a thought!
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CPs can be a major drain on the budget.  We did our own using random vases I had collected from different places and then loose flowers we arranged ourselves.  I wanted the more rustic look which worked really well for us.  Doing a mix of tall and short flowers will save you money, as will doing a mix of floral and non-floral CPs. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. I am thinking I am going to do something like this for half the tables and then a lower arrangement for the other half. Just not sure yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards