Kentucky-Louisville

Need ideas on cake and ceremony musicians for Bride on a Budget

Brides,

Anyone have good ideas for reasonably priced cake and piano/violin for  ceremony music? Looking for tips in Louisville. Thanks!

Re: Need ideas on cake and ceremony musicians for Bride on a Budget

• tncomb00tncomb00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa Easton (Cakes by Lisa) is doing my cake.  I found her through my friend who got married in November.  She is so nice, her cakes are delicious (especially the banana and italian creme), and she's really reasonable.  Her website is cakesbylisae.com. 

I'm not having ceremony musicians, so I can't really help much there.  Have you thought about checking with music departments at UofL?  There might be a college student who would be good and do it for a reasonable price. 

Good luck!
  • casey61810casey61810 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Wesley Waddle for our cake. He is out of Mundfordsville but delivers for a small fee (I think smaller than some bakers in Louisville). He is the most reasonable we could find (1.25 a slice) and comes highly recommended. Here is his email- [email protected]

Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    I second Lisa! Good stuff. VERY talented!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Sweet Stuff  in New Albany for my cake.  They'll do ANYTHING, including fondant and special flavors, for $2.75.  The women who work there seem to be really great and down to earth.
  • edited December 2011
    You need to at least check out www.louisvilleweddingcake.com. Her cakes are amazing. I know when I got married I checked around and she was a little less than some of the other standard bakeries. Plus her cakes are amazing and very beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    As far as musicians, I'm having the Troubadours of Divine Bliss for the ceremony. They are really great and VERY budget friendly. Their website has samples of their music. Walk by Your Side is my fav.

http://troubadoursofdivinebliss.com/
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards