Kentucky-Louisville

FKS

I went to a wedding last night with the reception at Kye's II just over the bridge in Jeffersonville.  (Literally, right at the end of the 2nd street bridge.)  I think it might be a good fit for you all.  I tried to take a couple pics, but they turned out too dark.  The wedding we were at had about 200 guests, I think, but they could definitely have fit more people in.  It was nicely done & we had a really nice time.

http://www.kye-s.com/gallery.htm
DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
Mom to J: 2011
Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485

Re: FKS

• FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much squirrly!!  I'm sorry for the delayed response - my sister was in town visiting and I don't think I got online once haha.  I will definitely check this one out - thanks again Smile
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem.  I think I have a knot addiction, though - we walked in and I told FI - I have to take pics for FKS!  This is perfect for them!  He definitely looked at me strangely.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance catered a wedding there awhile back. Said it was really nice!
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  lol @ Squirrly - I could see myself saying/doing the same thing.

I have an update!  We went to louisville for a long, four day weekend this past weekend to meet with vendors (we had back to back appointments - so exhausting but fun!). I think we have reception venues narrowed down to the Olmsted, Gillespie, Mellwood, or Crowne Plaza.  I kind of have my heart set on the Olmsted after seeing it in person (not to mention their on site coordinator is incredibly helpful and supposed to be the best in louisville), but we still have to "crunch numbers" and decide which one fits our budget best.

We also met with Masters of Music for DJ services, and Bella Grace for photog services.  I don't know if I'm sold on Bella Grace - I realize all wedding photography is pricey but I don't know that I can justify spending that much money on pictures.  I'd also like to find a cost effective videographer and would rather spend less on the pictures to be able to do that.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions!  Smile
    edited December 2011
    FKS, did you try to negotiate with him?  We ditched the bridal session & the viewing party and he gave us a discount last april for booking for this May.  All in all, I'm happy with what we're getting.  That was the one thing I was willing to splurge on, though. 

As for videographers. . . what's cost effective?  I had a hard time finding anything under $800 that was worth more than $50, in my opinion, but I still look occasionally.  As it stands, I think we're just having a college intern who works for my friend use their camera and give me the footage to edit.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We spoke briefly about negotiating and he sounded like he'd be willing to come down on the price a bit, but I don't know if it will be enough.  I'd be completely fine with foregoing many of "extras" (bridal session, etc) in order to get it cheaper.  I think he's the only one I've found so far that doesn't put a limit on the number of hours you get, which is really nice.

For videography I definitely don't want to spend more than $1,000 total.  I am hoping I can find a talented company that will be negotiable on price.  I've heard Apex Video is pretty good but I haven't called them yet.
    edited December 2011
    I think Apex is one of the ones I really liked, but it was WAY out of my price range.  There's a really good one out of Danville, too.  I think they were just under $1k. . . This one:  http://www.classicpixels.com/

I liked this guy too:  www.somethingblueweddingvideos.com/" target="_blank">www.somethingblueweddingvideos.com

DIY & Planning | Married 

• FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I've heard a few people recommend Classic Pixels actually. I am going to call all three and hopefully one of them will work out.
    edited December 2011
    Erin at Classic Pixels was really nice.  She just couldn't come down low enough to meet my budget.  :( 

Also. .  check your PMs.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will do.  Thanks!
  • Deirdre1BDeirdre1B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know the name of the Videographer from Danville?
    edited December 2011
    The company name is Classic Pixels.  Erin is the wife of the videographer, I believe. . . last name might be Korboylo?  Or something like that. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards