Kentucky-Louisville

Vendor Reviews

Flowers - J. Elizabeth Designs - A+
Jill is great.  She is so enthusiastic about flowers, and her knowledge of different types of flowers is amazing.  Jill worked with us to stay within our budget, yet you would never have known by looking at our flowers.  Everything was absolutely amazing and Jill and her mom, Debbie, were a blast to work with.  jelizabethdesigns@msn.com

DJ - Adkins Island DJs - A-
Brandon from Adkins Island was great.  He responded to all of my emails within 24 hours and answered every question I had, even giving suggestions when I asked for them.  He kept the dance floor filled all night long, and was open to any request (and my family had A LOT) that was given.  Brandon also went above and beyond to find certain music I wanted for our ceremony (they did both our ceremony and reception - both were in the same room).  They have multiple packages that are all very affordable.  The only reason I am giving Adkins Island an A- is because I felt that more contact right prior to the wedding would have been beneficial.  Brandon told me he was going to call me about a week before the wedding to get more information, but he never did.  I feel that a phone call would have been good to set up a timeline for the night.  Either way, the night went of without a hitch and the music was fabulous.
adkinsisland@yahoo.com
www.AdkinsIsland.com

Caterer - Mark's Feed Store - A+
DH and I wanted comfort food for our wedding, and we both love BBQ.  Because of this, we decided to use Mark's Feed Store as our caterer.  It's extremely affordable, compared to most catering companies.  The attendants were well dressed and very nice and informative.  They kept the buffet tables clean and stocked all night long.  They also answered any questions my guests had.  Prior to the wedding, my emails were all answered within 24 hours.  I was very happy with the catering service we received from Mark's Feed Store.
catering@marksfeedstore.com
http://www.marksfeedstore.com/catering

Officiant - Bob Mueller - A+
Bob was wonderful and extremely personable.  He has tons of ideas for ceremonies, and is available to explain everything to you.  He was willing to work with us to find a price within our budget.  Bob was there to help us both along during the ceremony (I'm pretty emotional).  We both received compliments about how enjoyable to ceremony was.  I would recommend Bob to anyone trying to find an Officiant.
bobmueller@insightbb.com
http://www.bobmueller.org/

Venue - Mellwood Art Center - A-
Mellwood is beautiful.  It was exactly what I wanted for my wedding.  The small room is very affordable, and has a lot of personality.  The best thing about Mellwood is that you get to pick all of your own vendors: caterer, florist, bartender, DJ, etc.  This really helps to cut the cost of your wedding.  One warning: Scooter can be a bit standoff-ish at times.  I still haven't quite figured her out.  She was always nice to us though, just a little weird. 
http://www.mellwoodartcenter.com/

Photography - MaryBeth Clouser - A++
Last, but definitely not least, is MaryBeth Clouser.  Simply put, she was amazing.  Her style and attention to detail is absolutely amazing.  Her responsiveness and professionalism couldn't be better.  MaryBeth took the very little I said about Mellwood and knew exactly what I wanted to capture in the photos.  Every location she picked at Mellwood was exactly what I had imagined.  It's like she was inside my head.  It's only been 2 weeks, and already we have some of our pictures back.  We are supposed to get the rest either tonight or tomorrow.  On top of all of that, she is extremely affordable.  I would have paid her twice as much to get the quality photos that we recieved.  I will use MaryBeth again for any and all photography needs I have. (Note:MaryBeth now lives in North Carolina.  While she does still book people in Louisville, she has limited availability here.  She's worth it, though!)
info@marybethclouser.com
http://www.marybethclouser.com/

Re: Vendor Reviews

• KarenofcourseKarenofcourse member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for posting these reviews!  My DD wil be starting the panning process soon and we appreciate any and all info!  Sounds like you had a fabulous day and glad it all turned out!!
  • Jenn7907Jenn7907 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amanda, thank you so much for taking time to do these reviews!! I am getting married at the Mellwood in April and have also considered several of your vendors.  Congratulations on your wedding!!
  • I posted all of my reviews on the vendor pages, but thought I would copy and paste my DJ review here.  He really made our reception the party that we wanted it to be and I would recommend him in a heartbeat if you are looking for a good DJ service at an affordable price.  Here is my review :

We found Dave at a Bridal show when we were drawn by his display of music videos. We immediately liked his personality. My husband calls it "good mojo". Dave was a pleasure to work with and made wonderful suggestions for key moment songs and was very accomodating for our specific song selections of lesser known artist. It was wonderful to be able to let go and have a good time at the reception knowing that Dave had it all under control. He kept the dance floor hopping and ushered our guests to the buffet perfectly! I truely didn't have to worry about a single thing. From our introduction, cake cutting, dinner, first dance to last call, Dave had the party in the palm of his hand. Our guests loved his music vidoes too! I highly recommend Odyssey Mobile Entertainment.
  • I reviewed our photographer on the vendor page but will review them here too! Hands Up Visuals was an excellent photography company. Brad did our engagement and wedding pictures and was so professional and accomodating, and a great value for the service. He arrived early on our wedding day and kept everyone on schedule. He edited and had the pictures posted within three weeks of our wedding and they are incredible and timeless, without any of the trendy editing that a lot of people are doing today. So happy with the result, I highly recommend Hands Up Visuals!
  • I reviewed our photographer on the vendor page but will review them here too! Hands Up Visuals was an excellent photography company. Brad did our engagement and wedding pictures and was so professional and accomodating, and a great value for the service. He arrived early on our wedding day and kept everyone on schedule. He edited and had the pictures posted within three weeks of our wedding and they are incredible and timeless, without any of the trendy editing that a lot of people are doing today. So happy with the result, I highly recommend Hands Up Visuals!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards