Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Paul Mitchell School Review

There's a Paul Mitchell School on Hurstbourne. I usually have my mom highlight my hair with a $12 box of stuff from Walgreens, but wanted a more professional touch for the wedding.

I went to a Phase 2 student for a full highlight. It took a lot longer than expected (4 hours) but I LOVE the results. Lightened up my hair, didn't burn my scalp, didn't overprocess my hair. Turned out great.

I should note that my hair is past my bra strap, fine-stranded, and very thick. We lost count of the foils, and I used 4 batches of bleach.

This service would have been about $150 at a salon; they charged me $55. (usually $40, but i used three extra bowls @ $5/ea).

Their price list is on their website, I'm trying a shellac mani this week ($23)

It's not a spa environment - very noisy, students walking to and fro, instructors popping in to quiz your stylist on what she/he is doing, but overall I'm very happy with the results and the price.

Even if you don't get coloring done, I think the school would be a great place to try out different up-dos for your wedding before you decide on what you want a more expensive stylist to do, or if you're happy with their work, it would be a huge savings!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Paul Mitchell School Review

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards