Kentucky-Louisville

Winter Wedding in Louisville, KY

Hello everyone!! I just got engaged last Thursday and I am beyond excited to begin planning. I am a huge planner & I've already started making lists, organizing, making the guest list, etc.

I have a few questions though!!
I am wanting to have my winter wedding at the Melwood Arts Center.  I am going to rent the smaller event space, because I am only expecting maybe 100 guests.
Is this a good venue?

I am also NOT having food catered.  I am only having coffee/tea/hot chocolate and desserts.  I'm wanting to have a coffee bar, but I am unsure on how to make enough coffee fast enough for 100 people.
Or if I should rent a industrial coffee maker...i need input!

Also, I am wanting a vintage style wedding dress w/ lace arms...something like Kate Middleton's. What is the best wedding dress boutique in Louisville?

Re: Winter Wedding in Louisville, KY

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Rebecca's and highly recommend them!
    As for the coffee, I would have 2 or 3 coffee machines and hire a couple people to keep the coffee flowing. 
    As for Mellwood I have no clue if its good or not.
    The wedding sounds magical!  :)
  • RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Couture Closet just outside of Louisville is incredible!
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Rebecca's,and Dolce Vita Bridal shop (love them).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • annamhisleannamhisle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!! 

:-)
  • edited December 2011
    I did not have a great experience at Rebecca's. I felt like they shoved me in a dressing room by myself to try on dresses I kept tripping over. I went to Bridal and Formal in Cincinnati for more of a "Say Yes to the Dress" experience!

I am also using Mellwood. They are great because you are not tied to any certain vendors and you can do basically anything you want.

Do not however expect much special attention from Mellwood. Once you sign the contract they are hands off. They will not help you with much of anything and they act like they are doing you a favor by renting their room for a couple thousand dollars for one night. (I am renting a bigger room) There rooms are nice, but I signed a contract for my room over a year ago, and I feel like it has done nothing but deteriorate. Very little maintenance has been done in the last year.  It is not a bad place to rent from, but just be aware of what you are getting.

As far as the coffee bar the last wedding show I went to had a great coffee bar service that did hot chocolate, and several coffee and espresso drinks. They had samples and it was really good. I remember their prices being really reasonable, but I can't remember the name of the company.  You should hit up a few wedding shows and see if you run into something similar.
  • kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! Dolce Vita Bridal is AMAZING and has amazing prices. The woman who owns it is fantastic and goes the extra mile. :) Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Couldn't help but notice you mentioned a pretty lace sleeve for your wedding gown. I got my gown at The Bridal Suite of Louisville, and one of the dresses I tried on was a ball gown with a lace long sleeve. It was really pretty! They spoiled my family and I, and really made it a special day for us. Check them out, and I wish you all the best!Smile
        Also, have you called Reliable Rentals? I think they have all the nice coffee machines for rent.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!! :-) 
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My one suggestion is that if you're going to be having a dessert reception, to have it during non-meal hours.

Happy planning!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you think 7 is a good time, maybe 7:30?
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're starting the wedding at 7, I think that's fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards