Kentucky-Louisville

Vendor Reviews

I got married June 18th. Everyone's vendor reviews were very helpful to me so I hope this might help some of you.

Reception-Frazier Museum
We had our reception in the 4th floor room. It was so great working with the people at Frazier. I worked with Julie Kruer in planning the event and she was always very helpful. At Frazier you get a day of coordinator to help out and they were on top of everything and made sure we had exactly what we needed. The room looked stunning.

Photographer- Courtney Reece
Courtney was absolutely wonderful. We booked her for 12 hours and she was great the whole time. She also had a second shooter so they got every possible picture. Courtney was great at helping us feel comfortable and my family and friends were very impressed with her. She had a sneak peek on her website the very next day and had all the photos ready in just over a week after the wedding. I would highly recommend her.

Attire- Rebecca's
I had a great experience with getting my dress, the bridesmaids' dresses and the tuxes. They went above and beyond in helping make sure we got exactly what we wanted

Jewelry- After Glow
They did my wedding jewelry and my bridesmaids jewelry. It is all custom made so they can make you exactly what you want. I ordered my jewelry and went in a few weeks later to pick it up and they remembered exactly who I was when I walked in the door.

Florist- J Elizabeth Designs
Jill did a great job with the flowers. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted but Jill helped me figure out what would look great. She knew everything about the location and even contacted Frazier to make sure they were on the same page. The day of the wedding the dropped the bouqets off at the hotel and even gave us vases with water in the to keep them fresh for the ceremony

Cake- Wesley Waddle
One of my friend recommended Wesley to me and he did a wonderful job. He lives in Mundsfordville but charges only about $45 dollars for delivery which is cheaper then some in Louisville. We met him in Elizabeth town for a tasting and picked out a cake we loved. He is very cheap at 1.25-1.50 a slice. The cake was wonderful and he even gave us an anniversary tier for us to freeze.

Caterer- Naiman's catering
Les was very helpful in planning our menu. He has  many choices to choose from and worked with us to make the meal fit our budget. He came to my house and had a tasting for free and even made enough for 8 people. I heard many people comment about how good the food was and that it was the best wedding food they ever had. They even gave us all the left over food and had it packed and ready at the end of the night.

Limo- Xtreme limo
I picked xtreme because they gave us a good deal. The 3 limo pick up for the 2 pick up price. Our first limo ride to the picture site and to the church was awful. It was so hot in the limo and hot air or no air was blowing out. My sister called the company and they said they would see what they could do. During the ceremony the driver got us a new limo and it was bigger and the air worked.

Photobooth- Magnolia Photobooth
I got a coupon for Magnolia on groupon.com and they were great. They had plenty of props and our guests seemed to really like the photobooth idea.

DJ- A-z productions
They have a very nice set up and were very non intrusive. I know some DJs can be too intrusive on the big day but they played the music we asked and made sure we were on track from cutting the cake and first dances

Ok I think that is it. Let me know if you need anymore information on one of my vendors!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad that everything went so well!  Thanks for the reviews...they're always helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    We were originally going to get married June 18th at Frazier!!  In fact we had it booked, but my cousin lives in Bahrain, Saudia Arabia and the kids' school kept getting pushed back.  Once we realized they wouldn't be able to make it back to the states until July, we switched dates and venues.

Loved it though. . .I bet it was gorgeous and Julie is awesome.
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Casey, thanks for the reviews!  Did you use professional services for hair and make-up?  Also, did you have a videograher?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • casey61810casey61810 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used my normal hair dresser Terra from La Bella salon. She did a great job as normal. We had a trial run a few weeks before the wedding. For makeup I used Brittany Gibson from MAC cosmetics. She did a trial run at MAC and did a fantastic job. They both were willing to meet me at our hotel and do my whole wedding party's hair and makeup.
    We did not have a videographer
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Please be sure to post photos when you get them.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    casey61810~

Do you mind telling me what you paid for the MAC cosemetic makeup artist? I would love love love that for my maids and I!

TIA!!
  • casey61810casey61810 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this is her normal rate. I had originally booked Ashley from Modern Glamour but she had a scheduling conflict last minute so she hooked me up with Brittany who took over the contract for the same amount. It was $75 for me and $60 for each bridesmaid.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!! I am definitely going to check into it!!
  • faeriechyldfaeriechyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you all had such a great experience with the Frazier.  We're working with Sarah Bachman (although Julie is a sweetheart) and my mom and step-mom (my step-mom can be especially demanding) are both very very excited and confident about everything on their part.  As soon as my FI and I took a tour, we knew that it was our spot. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards