Kentucky-Louisville

Church Site

I am looking for a church venue for our ceremony.  To make a very long story short, I have always wanted to marry were my parents wed 34 years ago.  I was just informed that this would not be a possibility since we are not members.  We are members of another church, but the sanctuary is just too large for our wedding.  I would like something that isn't made to hold 1,000s of people.  

Any suggestions? 

Thanks!!

Re: Church Site

• There is this cute venue called Gingerwoods! I thought about having my ceremony there, but I wanted my ceremony and reception in the same place.  
  • Gingerwoods is in Prospect and it's gorgeous---but quite pricey! We would've loved to have the wedding there but it was too costly for our small budget. Not sure how big your guest list is but there is a small chapel in Crestwood. I think it's called Duncan Memorial. It probably only holds about 60 people, maybe a bit more, so you may want to check them out also.
  •  It seems that every place is pricey.  Is 1500 the going rate now to have a church wedding for nonmembers?  This seems crazy to me!
  • Yes, it's crazy indeed.  

Everything is about MONEY these days, even having a wedding in a church.

I would drive around, look at some churches, make a list & call.  I did that for about a week until I settled for Mellwood Arts Center.
  • Our reception is at Mellwood!  That is the one thing that is finalized!  
  • We are having our reception at Mellwood and I searched forever for a church for the ceremony. I finally found a cute little place called Lyndon Christian Church. It is nothing fancy so it won't make for gorgeous pics, but it only cost me about $200 and I get to be married in a church which was important to me.The lady there is super nice as well, and it was no problem that we aren't members (we live in Indianapolis but are from KY). We are getting married there next weekend!! Good Luck!
  • The two Catholic churches that I've seen wedding at that were gorgeous and and not gigantic are St. Louis Bertrand and St. Joseph. I don't know if you're looking for Catholic churches, but those are two I love. We're getting married at St. Joseph and the fee is $1,050.00
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards