Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Saturday Evening Wedding at a Catholic Church? HELP!

HELP! I'm desperately seeking a catholic church in Louisville for a 5:30 or 6:30 saturday evening. I've found that a lot of the parishes only offer 1:00 or 2:00 saturday ceremonies. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Anniversary

Re: Saturday Evening Wedding at a Catholic Church? HELP!

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you willing to go to a later ceremony?  Some churches will do that.  But I don't know of any that do them at that time, due to Saturday mass.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    amymlyonsamymlyons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I came across the same problem! I finally found one - St. Elizabeth of Hungary. It is in Germantown by Manual Stadium. It is really beautiful.

Here are the problems with this church though - it was recently combined with Holy Family and St. Therese under Father Tony at Holy Family. They are super disorganized...lost my deposit, had the wrong date written down, forgot to mention about a basketball tournament in the parking lot, etc. You also have to find your own deacon or priest to do your ceremony since Father Tony will be doing mass at Holy Family during that time.

So if you are willing to put up the stress and disorganization, I would recommend this church. I literally called every one in the archdiocese and it was the only one that would allow it. Just make sure you call constantly and double check your info with them and you should be fine.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Martin of Tours did a Friday night at 7pm ceremony for a friend recently.  If you'd be willing to move to a Friday, you might have more options. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    St. Louis Bertrand on 6th street. My wedding is there on a Saturday at 6:30 PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem.  I ended up giving up on the Catholic wedding..we're now getting married at the Presbyterian Seminary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why not do an early ceremony and you will have all day before your reception for photos and to enjoy the day?!
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_saturday-evening-wedding-catholic-church?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:608Discussion:4ae082cc-7e42-4345-b16e-bdbabc6ac2fdPost:e20d6126-1a32-44b7-b1a3-6d96d50187e9">Re: Saturday Evening Wedding at a Catholic Church? HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why not do an early ceremony and you will have all day before your reception for photos and to enjoy the day?!
    Posted by aliciadiane[/QUOTE]

Because it's not nice to do that to your guests. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Does anyone have pictures of the inside of St. Elizabeth that they can send? I live in Alabama and would really like to at least be able to see the church before I try and book my wedding there!! Thank you so much!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards