Kentucky-Louisville

Rehearsal Dinner Spots in Louisville?

I'm looking for a rehearsal dinner location in Louisville-- not TOO far from downtown. I'd like it to be mediocre on the scale of cost. I don't want it to be a cheapo place-- but nothing over the top either. It will probably be for a party of about 30-- give or take. I'm trying to steer away from Italian cousine because my wedding dinner is Italian so I don't want to over-do it! Let me know if you have ANY suggestions!!

-Bree 

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Spots in Louisville?

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work right next to the Bristol downtown and I love their food. They have a back room that should be able to accomdate you guys fine. There are also a ton of places up and down Frankfort avenue that would be nice. They might be a little small though.

• edited December 2011
    You could look at Patrick O'sheas downtown?
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine on 12/17 at Martini's Italian Grill (I realize that you were trying to avoid Italian cuisine) in the Summit.  It was nice because people had something to do pre-dinner if they arrived early or needed to entertain themselves.  They were also very affordable and accommodating.  They created a great menu for us and even imported some Italian wines specifically for our rehearsal dinner.  Excellent service and I highly recommend Glen and Amy as servers.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

The Bristol is a good suggestion.  You may also want to consider KTs on Lexington Ave.  It's not too far from downtown and very moderately priced.  I had my rehearsal dinner there for my first wedding and it went over very well.  Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Eddie Merlots just opened up downtown, FABULOUS oh my goodness. The food is exquisite and the service is so great.  Your family and friends will enjoy it. It's a little pricey, but so worth it!
  • edited December 2011
    Martini's is great, it's  really open though.  Wide floor plan, there are no booths to seperate you and your dinner party from the table right next to you. Their food is good though!
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone used the BBC downtown? I am considering this and reviews would be helpful! Thanks!
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm always a fan of BBC and their restaurant downtown is pretty neat. There is a parking garage right next to the building as well.
  • besaw.2besaw.2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So....I went to O'Shea's this weekend to check it out and see if I would want my rehearsal dinner there. Here is my conclusion. First, the one on Main St-- we didn't even go in. The buildings around it were boarded up, there were weeds growing everywhere, nowhere to park and construction all over the front area. It looked very run-down. No thanks. So then we went to Flannagan's (a member of the O'Shea's family) and the location was much better. The food was alright but the issue was that the roof was leaking and crumbling, there were flies GALORE and a spider crawling on the floor near us. There was also dust everywhere. No thanks on that either. We will not be using any of the O'Shea's locations for our rehearsal dinner....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards