Kentucky-Louisville

Bouquet Help

I have ordered all my flowers online due to cost and the fact that we're planning on doing all the reception flowers ourselves. However, no one helping with flowers (who do great arrangements with floral foam) has experience with bouquets. So, naturally, I'm a little concerned about the stress associated with them trying that on the big day. Now, I'm looking for some professional florist to do possibly do some free-lance bouquet making on the wedding day. Everyone I've talked to is hesitant, due to me purchasing the flowers online. I've had some people tell me no way. Does anyone  know of a florist that would help out? I don't want to go through a floral shop and have to order more flowers, when I've already ordered plenty for bouquets.

Re: Bouquet Help

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've done bouquets before and am doing them for my wedding.  My bouquet is being professionally made, but we're growing our own flowers for the BMs and all bouts and centerpieces.   Unfortunately, my wedding is the week before yours, or I'd volunteer to help out.  I'd recommend getting some cheap flowers from Kroger and then practicing making them into bouquets.  You'll need some floral wire and floral tape which are pretty inexpensive from Hobby Lobby or Michael's or JoAnn.  If you want me to help you before the wedding, I totally can do that. Send me a message at emilypluggedin at gmail dot com. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would also google "Make your own bouquets."  I find a lot of really helpful stuff on line.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look on youtube.  There are some great video tutorials.  Also, go to florists or Kroger and ask if they've got any old flowers that are similar that you could buy for cheap to practice with.  Stuff that's going to wilt tomorrow, that they can't sell full price.

The biggest thing is keeping the flowers cool once they arrive.  Also - you might page TideTravel on the Etiquette or Snarky Brides board.  She did all her own flowers, and is really helpful with people who are doing the same.  She's not in Kentucky, but she's really nice.  Mostly posts at night right now, I think.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Have you actually sat down with a florist to see how much they would do the wedding for?  I was really surprised to find there wasn't much difference.  I went to Wildflowers.  They are saving me so much money on renting/borrowing vases and candleholders, that it made it cheaper than getting the flowers online.  It's just too stressful to buy online, and then hope you get what you ordered, and be able to put them together!  My bouquet is going to be gorgeous and they are doing it for $100, bridesmaids for $50 each.  I was able to return $250 worth of stuff to Hobby Lobby because they are renting it to me for like nothing.  No budget is too small there.  Look into it... 
  • hanneal88hanneal88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have bought wholesale flowers for friends and done the bouquets for them as well as centerpieces.  Let me know if you would want more info and or help.  I have access to many vases/cylinders through my boss who is a wedding planner.
  • edited December 2011
    I found someone who was willing to use the flowers I ordered and do all the arranging for my bouquet, 3 bms, moms, and 9 boutineers for $150. Its worth that much to me to not have to deal with it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards