Kentucky-Louisville

Any experience with Wedding in Louisville Parks?

My wedding is in October and I am seriously considering having my wedding ceremony in either Central Park on 6th Street or the Belvedere.  Have any of you ever been to a wedding at one of these places?  Is there another part of the Louisville Parks system that you would recommend as a great place for a ceremony?  I can't find any pics online of ceremonies in these places.

Re: Any experience with Wedding in Louisville Parks?

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend was married in St. James Court and it was beautiful.  I've also heard good things about the new community center at Tom Sawyer Park.  I'd just call the parks service and ask.  GL!
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having this same problem. My only reservation about the Belvedere is the sound from the interstate. I haven't been up there in awhile, but I didn't know if it would be too loud of a ceremony. I really like Central Park as well. We always go to Cherokee and Seneca, but I haven't found a place that would be flat enough for a ceremony and not be right next to a high traffic road.
  • edited December 2011
    Birdie- I ended up booking the Seelbach Hilton.  But if you are still looking for a place in the park, I found a few places I was interested in.

When I went up to the Belvedere recently, the noise didn't bother me at all, and they have that beautiful spot by the fountain with the grass patch that is perfect for a ceremony.  It is only $200 (with a refundable $300 deposit) and I still love it.  Unfortunately it wasn't available for my wedding in October because they are starting construction on some Christmas event then.

Cherokee Park has that Gazebo on Baringer Hill that could easily fit 100 chairs inside of it I would think.  It's only $150 and because it is on top of the hill, the view is gorgeous.

Central Park was very nice, but because of the narrow width of the pergola walkway, you would have to do the ceremony outside of the walkway and that ruined the picture for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards