Kentucky-Louisville

Caldwell Chapel

Hey Ladies!!! I was just wondering if anyone has gotten married here or planned on getting married here.  My FI contacted someone from the chapel and they said that to rent the chapel I would have to show up on May 31st to sign up on a sheet of paper with a time to come back the next day and book my date for the wedding.  When I've talked to other brides they all say this is something that they didn't have to go and do.  Maybe it's new? I have no idea. Any suggestions?

Re: Caldwell Chapel

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in June.  When i called they told me I could come on my own and look at the chapel during the weekdays.  When I decided to book it all I did was call and they sent me the paperwork.  It could be something new but they have been very easy to work with.  It is beautiful there!  Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in June. I had to do this "lottery"  We had to go on May 31st get a number and then come back the next day where they called the numbers and allowed people to pick dates and sign contracts. It's a very popular place to get married and it fills up quickly especially if you are planning to get married on a Saturday during the summer. They only book a year in advance so if you have a specific date and time in mind you want to participate in the lottery in order to book it. After that you'd get to choose from any leftover dates/times or if someone cancels and they had the time available. They only allow you to get married at 2pm or 6pm. In my situation I had wanted June 12th. The girl before me took 2pm and there were 3 girls behind me who wanted June 12th as well. Since I took 6pm they were out of luck for that date. If you are flexible with your date or aren't getting married during a "peak" time then I don't think it's necessary to do the lottery. After June 1st you can book for any available date they have without doing the crazy lottery system. If you have your heart set on a specific date then I would definitely go because you could very well lose the date. Also, just so you know there are some people that wait there ALL day on the 31st. We showed up later in the afternoon and only waited about a hour or so and it still worked out for us. So like I said I think it really goes back to your flexibility with dates/times.
  • edited December 2011
    WOW!  I had not idea that's how it worked.  I didn't get engaged till after May 31 so I guess that's why I didn't know. That's interesting and good to know.
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like I'm camping out on the 31st!  I'm glad other people went though this lottery thing because when she first told me I thought it was really strange and that maybe they were already trying weed people out if they had to many bookings already.  So it's good to hear you did the lottery as well.  For me I either have to get my date or go somewhere else. I had to book my recpetion place which is Sawyer Hayes two weeks after my enagement.  It was over a year before our wedding but she only had two dates left in June for 2011! So I didn't get to pick the date I actually wanted. Wedding season is crazy!! 
  • edited December 2011
    It is really crazy! I hope things work out for you! It's a beautiful chapel :)

Also--just so you know in case the lady at Caldwell didn't tell you people that are members of the seminary get first pick. This likely won't effect your date but it could. On the 31st (May) they will post the calendar which includes the list of times and/or dates taken by seminary members.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Caldwell in the evening slot on July 17th--we didn't have to do the lottery either, but I don't think we tried to get in there until sometime in June.

Have any of you actually heard the organ in there?  I'm trying to decide if I want that or the piano...but I haven't heard either.
  • edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to camp out just to be safe especially because my date i need is in June and I would rather be safe then sorry.  As for the organ or the piano I haven't heard either of them but the organ looks gorgeous and thats what I wanted to go for anyway.  My parents went to a wedding there and the couple had the organ playing and my parents really liked it, but if your a piano person I would go with that.  sometimes organ's can be overpowering but it works for me cause I'm a loud person it matches my personality. haha!  
  • kdmoellekdmoelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked the caldwell chapel for my 11/2010 wedding. I simply contacted Lisa and everything was sent to me. Luckily I didn't have to worry about the "lottery", probably because November isn't a popular month.  Good Luck fellow brides! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Do any of you think I'll have any luck of getting a date in October 2011? I drove by today and I absolutely fell in love and its close to my reception venue. I was just wondering since it was hard for me to tell how far in advance each of you attempted to book this place.
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jen, if you would like it I would call pretty soon. When I was doing research back in May for reception sites, I found a lot of places were already booking up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards