Kentucky-Louisville

Suggestions for makeup

Anyone have ideas for getting makeup done the day of?  I don't want to spend a lot of money and know some places charge over $100 for makeup application.  I also would like to consider someone who comes to me so my bridesmaids could get their's done as well but it is not a must. 

Re: Suggestions for makeup

• I'm having a friend of my MOH to do my makeup.  She's not a professional or anything but she's really good at doing makeup.
    I'd ask around, maybe ask a friend or something! 

• Sephora & MAC makeup counters do makeup application for $50 purchase. Some of the MAU will come to you, but most stores are busy on the weekends & require all of them to work. The MAC counter in Oxmoor Mall did a "trial" - I told them I was interested in makeup for my upcoming wedding. She was great! They also have multiple people working, so they can do 3-4 faces at a time. It's $50, but you take makeup home with you too!
  • I'm doing the airbrush makeup for $35.  It's in Jeffersonville though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well I asked around with friends family etc but no connections to anyone who does it.  I am down to checking with makeup counters at the malls.  Anyone else had experience with this or have further ideas?  I have heard it can be hit or miss since you don't know what makeup artist you will get and what their experience is. 
  • I haven't done department store makeup counter as a bride, but I have as a bridesmaid in 2010.  The service itself was free--we were just expected to buy makeup products from that particular counter.  (in my case, Clinque.)  I bought the lipstick they used for touch ups, and have actually bought the same color a few times since. 

Maybe try going to the makeup department before your wedding, perhaps on the same day of the week and time, to try and form a relationship with one of the makeup artists?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Have a back up plan just in case your make up artist calls in sick the day of your wedding, yup mine did!! Someone from another makeup counter ended up doing my makeup cause evey one at the Bobbi Brown was busy. You might want to try Michelle at Salon Delonjay, she's great, wish I would just gone to her, but you live an learn. Good Luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://louisville.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_suggestions-for-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:608Discussion:d3075f05-addc-45c2-9b33-cadf464c25f3Post:ae857267-d635-465a-bd79-794516e44ded">Re: Suggestions for makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing the airbrush makeup for $35.  It's in Jeffersonville though.
    Posted by DestinationBride12[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, where in Jeffersonville??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_suggestions-for-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:608Discussion:d3075f05-addc-45c2-9b33-cadf464c25f3Post:e6c8a666-652d-430a-b991-79aa21f7fb92">Re: Suggestions for makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sephora & MAC makeup counters do makeup application for $50 purchase. Some of the MAU will come to you, but most stores are busy on the weekends & require all of them to work. The MAC counter in Oxmoor Mall did a "trial" - I told them I was interested in makeup for my upcoming wedding. She was great! They also have multiple people working, so they can do 3-4 faces at a time. It's $50, but you take makeup home with you too!
    Posted by Mina0122[/QUOTE]

To follow up: I had my makeup done at the MAC counter for my wedding. She was amazing! She did exactly what I asked for & it stayed all day and night - makeup was done at noon, wedding at 5:30 and pictures from 11:00 p.m. still looked great. I spent $80 on makeup, but I have makeup that I use everyday now. If you let them know how many people you have, they will bring in extra help to make sure you get out on time - she was done in about 40 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards