Kentucky-Louisville

Bardstown, KY Outdoor Wedding Ceremony

I am having the worst time finding an outdoor wedding ceremony venue for my May 11, 2013 wedding. Most are already booked or are not to my liking. We are willing to go to Louisville, KY, Lexington, KY, Sprngfiled, Ky, and other surrounding counties (With Louisville being the farthest one). Please help me, as May is Prom season and that is why places are booked in advance. 

Re: Bardstown, KY Outdoor Wedding Ceremony

• edited March 2012
    I am having the worst time finding an outdoor wedding ceremony venue for my May 11, 2013 wedding. Most are already booked or are not to my liking. We are willing to go to Louisville, KY, Lexington, KY, Sprngfiled, Ky, and other surrounding counties (With Louisville being the farthest one). Please help me, as May is Prom season and that is why places are booked in advance. 
  • KrampDPharmDKrampDPharmD member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'm having my wedding in Georgetown, KY and looking at outdoor sites as well (we're leaning toward's my dad's neighbor's back yard). In Georgetown there's a great property called Cardome that has a great barn for a rain back up plan. There are also multiple vineyards around central KY that host weddings. In my searching I found some things around Frankfort, KY but that was too far away so I don't remember them. In Louisivlle, Locus Grove is a historical site with tons of space and Whitehall is a hstioric home in the middle of the city. Louisville also has some sites that have rooftop terraces that are really nice - The Glassworks building and the Science Center and probably others. That's what I can think of at the moment. Hope you find something you love.
  • bunni727bunni727 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    oooh, Whitehall is beautiful, PP.

How about Richmond? The Acres of Land Winery does weddings, I believe.

I'd vote for the Ashley Inn, though. They are in Bryantsville, KY, and have gorgeous outdoor space with a covered shelter in case of rain. http://ashleyinnbandb.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There is a farm in Shelbyville that sounds right up your alley! It's a working cattle ranch, but over 100 acres of beautiful land. Plus, there is a dedicated event space with two bathrooms, two bedrooms and a commercial kitchen. Reasonable prices! PM me if you're interested, I can tell you more!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_bardstown-ky-outdoor-wedding-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:d89eab7f-75dc-4ae1-80df-92a23ef95de9Post:6fb23fae-cd21-4d50-836c-b692d03e400a">Re: Bardstown, KY Outdoor Wedding Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried Millanova Winery in Mt. Washington?? They have a beautiful space for ceremonys and receptions.
    Posted by Megsamillion[/QUOTE]

Beware of this venue. The girl who is the cordinator is incredibly rude and unhelpful. We fell in love with their venue but the cordinator was rude and gave short responses to my emails. We had in depth conversations about the alcohol and I told he I didn't want any, but she didn't tell me until AFTER we came to see the venue and decided we wanted this place as our venue that we HAD to buy 2 cases of wine when we rent the venue. Also, when I asked for references, she was incredibly unhelpful and expected me to go on facebook and ask people on there and search for references for their venue myself. Just not a good experience at all!
  • I live in Louisville, KY and we just found a perfect venue that is called the Oxmoor Country Club. They have an AMAZING package that includes almost everything you need. I know our July 13, 2013 wedding date is open right now and they may fill up fast. It's beautiful though and you get an outdoor wedding and indoor reception. Check it out: http://www.oxmoorcatering.com/Oxmoor_Catering/Pricing.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards