Kentucky-Louisville

Hurstbourne CC...

Has it always been that you have to be a member or sponsored by a member to have a reception there?

Re: Hurstbourne CC...

• FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about Hurstbourne specifically but I think this is the general rule for most country clubs.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm that stinks. Oxmoor and Woodhaven are open to the public.
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding and reception at Owl Creek Country Club in Anchorage.  Even though we are members, I don't think that you have to be a member to have your wedding there.  You can try calling them at 502-245-4157.  The girl that schedules weddings is named Karla. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I will look into that. I didn't know there was a country club in Anchorage. :)
  • SMS1110SMS1110 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also look at Wildwood Country Club - You don't have to be a member there to book a wedding.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the info for weddings at "the Owl." 

https://www.memberstatements.com/tour/tours.cfm?tourid=38455

It's been a breeze with them so far.  They even have a sommalier if you guys are "wine" people. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of Wildwood... thanks though I appreciate it :)

@ZachandMere I can't see the webpage. I am guessing because I can't sign in as a member. Thanks though. I can't even find their website?!?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crud...  I didn't sign in as a member.  The web address is www.owlcreekcc.com
    but calling Karla is probably the best way to go.  It didn't say anything on the website about having to be a member to rent the space. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the website. I am going to go check it out! :)
  • edited December 2011
    You do NOT have to be a member at Hurstbourne CC.  You just have to be sponsored by a member, and they are very lax on this rule.  For example, their event director can even sponsor you.  Just ask them; I am sure they will be willing to work with you.  They are trying to host more weddings there than they have in the past.
  • edited December 2011

Yup. I was told by the chef (I think) that they are not following the 'member rule'. I chose a different venue though (The Olmsted) in the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards