Kentucky-Louisville

Engagement Photos

My fiance and I live in the highlands and are getting photos taken on April 10, any suggestions?  Besides the obvious parks, any creative suggestions?  Any cool waterfront locations? 

TIA!

Re: Engagement Photos

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Cherokee Park and Waterfront Park. We walked around down by the river and took pictures with the Lincoln Statue. :)

I've also seen pictures of couples on West Main St. and really liked them.
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got some great ones down by the river with the bridge in the background.  There are also some neat spots for black/white photos because of the contrast.  I really like too some of the playgrounds down there.  Our photog had some kids spin us on the merry-go-round thing while he shot.  They were fabulous!
  • edited December 2011
    One neat place is at Frankfort Avenue and River Road. There is the front brick face remaining of an old buidling - makes for cool pictures.
  • halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_engagement-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:608Discussion:e0f49b78-78e5-43f2-a935-3f5a06afa200Post:22a53314-3618-4a5c-93d9-23203e77257b">Re: Engagement Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]One neat place is at Frankfort Avenue and River Road. There is the front brick face remaining of an old buidling - makes for cool pictures.
    Posted by dana1081[/QUOTE]

We did those too as well as the railroad tracks in that same area.  Also, Locust Grove where they have weddings is another spot we used.  A lot of other people were there taking pictures.

<a href="http://www.locustgrove.org/rentals.html">http://www.locustgrove.org/rentals.html</a>
  • edited December 2011
    We did part of ours at Mellwood because there are some cool backgrounds and then went over to the old River Road Country Club at River Road and Zorn Avenue to get a park like setting for some photos with our dogs.
  • edited December 2011
    As a photographer, I like unique locations as well. I have actually taken clients to a zoo, restaurant, circus, state fair, etc. Try to think of things you like to to together, I thing some photos by the river front would be beautiful, but everyone does that. I know there are a ton of things going on for Derby right now. I am not from here and just moved her 3 months ago, so I cannot offer specific examples, but I will tell you, MAKE THEM YOURS!

Generally, I gather info about the clients, ask them for suggestions on places to shoot, ask what they like to do together etc then come up with additional ideas to supplement the bride and groom. Ask your photog. I am sure he/she has a few unique ideas as well!

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards