Kentucky-Louisville

Vendor Review for SMALL March 5th wedding

Ceremony site - Julian Chapel & Inn -  This little chapel in J-town has a website that doesn't come close to doing it justice.  It is AMAZING!  The owner, Pat, was so wonderful and gracious.  She has sandwiches, fruit, tea, and homemade lemonade for our families and us the day of the wedding.  The venue holds up to 125 people but was still beautiful with my 40 guests.  The acoustics are GREAT so musicians didn't need a sound system.    (A+++++)

Cake - Cakes by Lisa Easton - Lisa is SO wonderful to work with.  From our consultation to the delivery, she was awesome.  Laid back, intersted if your ideas, patient.  And the cake was delish!!  Her best seller is banana cake, which we never thought we would choose, but a layer of it and chocolate was to die for.  She's great and very reasonably priced, but she is in Floyds Knobs so you have to make a bit of a drive to meet with her.  (She delivers on the wedding day).  (A+)

Flowers - J Elizabeth Designs - These gals came highly recommended from this very message board, but I was VERY disappointed.  It was the only thing that I complained about the entire day. Because my wedding was small, all I needed was my bouquet, 3 boutonierres and 4 corsages.  I asked for a bouquet of red roses that looked like a ball (you know the ones, right?) and my bouquet was puny.  It was so small it looked silly in some pictures.  The corsages for my mothers and grandmother were mostly greenery with three very small mini or spray roses.  I was SO disappointed, especially given what I paid.  Jill was very nice and professional, but I would definitely recommend you shop around or be VERY specific before you deal with them.       (C)

Dress - Reggis Bridal - So my review for this place is bittersweet.  Obviously, i found and bought my dress there so I liked it to a degree.  However, the night I bought the dress, the manager was standing IN FRONT of the store smoking a cigarette (another employee was doing this the day of one of my fittings).  I didn't really feel like I was "heard" when talking about what I wanted (ex: I said I wasn't wearing a veil but she put one on me anyway).  BUT - they do have some REALLY beautiful dresses.  Another plus is that their seamstress, Rosa, was great.  Very sweet and knowledgable.  My husband got his tux there too and he was satisfied overall.  If you're looking for a froo-froo kind of experience this may not be the place for you.  But if you don't care about that, you may want to check it out because their selection was decent.        (B)

Rentals - Bella's & Reliable Rental - We did our reception at a family member's home so we rented everything - tables, chairs, linens, china, etc.  We used Bella's on Preston and Reliable Rental on LaGrange Rd.  Both were comparable in service and offerings, but we ended up cancelling some of our items at Reliable and getting them at Bella's because Bella's was so much cheaper (we saved over $80 by switching).     (A)

Let me know if you have any questions about the vendors or about planning a small/intimate wedding and reception - I couldn't believe how beautifully it turned out!

Re: Vendor Review for SMALL March 5th wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards